Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Petcock filter missing 21 Apr 2007 23:44 #132686

• Pacificmonarch
  • Pacificmonarch's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Is this a metal washer or an o-ring? If it's a thin metal washer, I have it. When I took the petcock apart it was between part# 92055B and 11009A.

I'm assuming 92055B is a rubber o-ring that goes on to the selector switch(correct term?)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eating Crow sure is gross! 22 Apr 2007 07:27 #132707

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Rons description of the filter tubes got me to thinking, so I went out and rummaged through my spare parts boxes out in the garage.
I did locate one petcock that has the filter with A tube in it for the ON position (pic below), which just happened to be the original one from my 650.

If you look closely at the pic below of the petcock, you'll see two passages in the top of it - the smaller passage on the right is for RES and doesn't have a tube, the larger passage on the right is for ON and is where the filter tube fits. The tube will NOT fit into the RES passage unless forced to the point of damaging it, so there's really no way of mixing them up.

So it appears that I owe RonKZ650 an appology.....sorry bud! :S

Pacificmonarch,

That part you're refering to is a "wave washer", and basically keeps tension on the lever itself.

If the filter above is the one you need it's yours for the price of shipping. I may also have that wave washer, but I'll need to check to be sure.
Shoot me a PM with your shipping info if you want it/them.
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: