Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

turning 18 Apr 2007 15:22 #131620

• Booncha57
  • Booncha57's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i got my bike about a month ago and it was running pretty good. the two problems i have addressed are: 1. the other day i killed the battery trying to start it. cleaned the carbs, and fixed that. 2. muffler on the mac system was hollowed out and too loud. bought a new one and put it on today. now it sounds nice but i think i might have to jet up a little bit. (i know i shouldnt have done this but) i ran it around the block with the airbox hoses disconnected and it seemed to be pretty lean. i know the open carbs would make it leaner but i didnt think it would effect it this much. i figured with the new non-hollowed out muffler on, it might even that out a little bit. i would just slap on the airbox hoses and try it but they were like hardened steel when i took them off so they had to be cut. after a few hours of reading posts on the pods vs. airbox debate im still deciding. are the jet sizes punched in the jets like they would be on a holley? i dont know what the stock jet sizes are so im not sure if the guy rejetted after he put on the mac exhaust.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

turning 18 Apr 2007 16:10 #131630

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 239
Running open carbs makes a big difference, so it's hard to tell what jetting you will need. Jet sizes are written clearly on the jets. 102.5 is stock. I recommend buying new rubber and retaining the stock airbox. You think it was not the greatest idea to ride around a bit with open carbs? Well thanks to a huge rainstorm, I was forced to take off the K&N pods off my KZ650 and ride all the way from South Dakota to Colorado with open carbs because the dang pods were sopping wet and wouldn't flow air.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: