Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 16 Apr 2007 20:35 #130959

• Leaderone
  • Leaderone's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I just recently joined here and pretty recently got my bike. I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul and have started with the carbs.

Here are my questions
1. Do I need to use some sealant to seal the rubber diaphram up when assembling or is it suppose to seal all by itself without any?
2. All the bike has in terms of mods is a 4 into 1 exhaust. I went with a #40 pilot jet and #120 mainjet. Should I go with the larger mainjet that came with the rebuild kit? and also is it ok that I went with the larger pilot jet?
3. How many turns out should the screw go? and is that turns out from being fully screwed in?
4. I also lost the spring and i think one of the bearings for the choke, Can I call up Z1 for those replacements or are they something I could get locally?
5. Anything new people forget to do or overlook on their first go?

answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated and pics of the carbs I spent 12 to 15 hours cleaning and polishing will follow soon. (also the before shot).:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 17 Apr 2007 06:18 #131036

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
1. Do I need to use some sealant to seal the rubber diaphram up when assembling or is it suppose to seal all by itself without any?

No sealant should be used. Take care in making sure the diaphragms are correctly seated and oriented or your bike will run VERY poorly... slides will not rise as they should with engine vacuum as the diaphragms will have air leaks

2. All the bike has in terms of mods is a 4 into 1 exhaust. I went with a #40 pilot jet and #120 mainjet. Should I go with the larger mainjet that came with the rebuild kit? and also is it ok that I went with the larger pilot jet?

Use a #140 or #142.5 main jet

3. How many turns out should the screw go? and is that turns out from being fully screwed in?

With #40 pilot, 1.5 turns out from light seated

4. I also lost the spring and i think one of the bearings for the choke, Can I call up Z1 for those replacements or are they something I could get locally?

Look at kawasaki.com -> owner info -> parts diagrams and find the diagram for the 2004 KZ1000P and find the part number for the spring and ball you lost and order these through z1enterprises.com

5. Anything new people forget to do or overlook on their first go?

Good luck -
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 17 Apr 2007 14:47 #131238

• Leaderone
  • User
my rebuild kit only came with 120 and 125 jets. Did they give me the wrong jets? Also the stock jets on the carbs were 117.5. Why so big of an increase?

Post edited by: Leaderone, at: 2007/04/17 17:50

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 17 Apr 2007 18:16 #131309

• wiredgeorge
  • User
Sorry for mis-speaking. I tend to go through these threads quickly and I was thinking about rejet for pods... stock mains are either 117.5 to 125 for the larger KZs. Doesn't really matter that much with the stock airbox. Go with the largest in the rebuild kit and you should be OK.
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 17 Apr 2007 20:31 #131366

• Leaderone
  • User
and still 1.5 turns out right? thanks a lot for the help. Seems I actually found the bearing too haha. Just need to email Z1 and give them the part number i found.

Couple questions about my carb rebuild for kz1100 18 Apr 2007 05:22 #131443

• wiredgeorge
  • User
The mixture screws on the BS34 are not fussy. Start 1.5 turns out for a #40 pilot.
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: