Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

not getting fuel....pilot jet? 12 Apr 2007 21:08 #129509

• clubhobo
  • clubhobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
One last thing to try before I tear off the carbs...I think the pilot jet may preventing fuel to getting to #1 on my 79 KZ650 C. The service manual shows it in the diagram..but when I take the bowls off all I see to unscrew is the Air Bleed pipe and the nut that holds the float needle etc...where is this pilot jet? I'm a car guy..obviously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

not getting fuel....pilot jet? 13 Apr 2007 06:45 #129596

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Bite the bullet and remove the carbs and clean them. The pilot jets sit adjacent to the main jets. The pilot jets sit in a deep well. You need a small, flat blade screwdriver to get them out and you will end up stripping the heads if you try and work from below... it isn't impossible, just makes fouling up more likely, in my opinion. You COULD have a plugged pilot jet but the entire pilot system passageway is smallish and could be clogged with old goo.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

not getting fuel....pilot jet? 16 Apr 2007 20:44 #130967

• clubhobo
  • clubhobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
George,

Hey just wanted to say thank...you! The carbs didn't need to come off...I was looking through some old threads you were on. It turns out the carb clamp on #1 was loose so was the screw holding the carb boot on. I took a little vise grip and a screwdriver and the thing came to life on all 4!! I just got back from a death ride with no helmet...eyes watering and the whole nine yards. I was soo excited I forgot the tires weren't all the way filled w/air. You guys saved me alot of money....fixing the fire and the fuel issues..thanks.

• Page: