Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adjusting screw/washers 28 Mar 2007 13:38 #124367

• Ray J
  • Ray J's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a few leftover parts on my carb (long story) and would like a bit-o-help. Is the #11 lock washer in the right place with the flange facing up? does the #24 washer go as I have shown? I see it in the picture this way, but the pic is just a little hazy and I want to make sure.
Also, the #23 adjusting screw has one side broken off. Is this a hardware store part, or should I order it online somewhere?

Thanks, Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adjusting screw/washers 28 Mar 2007 13:42 #124368

• Ray J
  • Ray J's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Heres the image.

Post edited by: Ray J, at: 2007/03/28 16:43
Attachments:

Adjusting screw/washers 29 Mar 2007 06:13 #124557

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The #11 "washer" shouldn't be touched. It has that flap which is to be bent up and tapped onto the edge of that bolt head to provide a mechanical lock for the bolt. It only goes on one way and as shown. If the adjuster is broken, I think you will have a hard time finding this bit at the hardware. It is tapered on one end as I recall so is more a "set screw" than just a bolt you can cut the head off. You can try and see if bikebandit.com or one of the other parts sellers might have this bit. If not, you can try finding a set screw of the correct length. I think it is 4mm but I can't recall if the thread pitch is standard (.7)... I suspect it isn't.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: