Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 26 Mar 2007 13:06 #123668

• shawntmartin
  • shawntmartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Anyone know the part number for a #135 main jet? I found 92063-148 on buykawasaki.com but it doesn't work when trying to buy it at places like bikebandit. Where can I find one of these online? Z1Enterprises didn't have anything listed except for the larger diameter jet. Thats too round for my carbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 26 Mar 2007 15:22 #123689

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
As far as I know, they are no longer available, at least I have never been able to find any jets for the BS38's on the 76-79 750 twins.
KD9JUR

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 27 Mar 2007 06:45 #123884

• shawntmartin
  • User
How in the heck am I supposed to richen up things from stock if these aren't available? Thats stupid. I hate it when companys do that to owners of their products. I mean its a pretty simple thing to produce even if they only produce a few for low demand.

Post edited by: shawntmartin, at: 2007/03/27 09:46

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 28 Mar 2007 19:02 #124451

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
shawntmartin wrote:

How in the heck am I supposed to richen up things from stock if these aren't available? Thats stupid. I hate it when companys do that to owners of their products. I mean its a pretty simple thing to produce even if they only produce a few for low demand.<br><br>Post edited by: shawntmartin, at: 2007/03/27 09:46

Do you have a micrometer, a tiny but correct size drill bit and a dremel tool with a jacob's chuck?
You should/could see where I am going with this?yes?no?

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 29 Mar 2007 09:05 #124606

• shawntmartin
  • User
Yes, as a last resort. One mistake or miscalculation and I'd have to wait on another set of #125s. No big deal in the whole scheme of things... but a pain in the rear... My point is, I shouldn't have to turn into Bill Nye the Science Guy to install a richer jet. You'd think if they make #125, they would just go ahead and make the others. Even if they were a few, or specailly ordered. Doesn't make sense... But not everything does... Oh well.

Post edited by: shawntmartin, at: 2007/03/29 12:07

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 29 Mar 2007 11:02 #124640

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Shawn, Steell's probably correct, but I've had pretty good luck w/motorcyclecarbs.com. I don't know if they have the specific jet you need, but my experience w/them is that they are pretty friendly. You should talk to someone there on the phone, for your specific needs. They are not very rapid w/delivery but this was just a thought.
RonJ
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 29 Mar 2007 12:18 #124653

• shawntmartin
  • User
Cool thanks!!

1977 KZ750B main jet part number 30 Mar 2007 05:52 #124855

• stone_cold
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Order some extra #125 jets and stop by a welding supply store. You can buy a set of "tip drills/cleaners" for under $10. The one I have is a little round body that has a place in the handle to store the bits. The bits themselves are like tiny little drill bits. These bits chuck into the handle and you hand turn them. It's a little slow but they leave a very nice clean hole with no wobble or oblonging of the hole.

Back in the "day" (late 60's early 70's) it was hard for us hot rod builders to find jets for some of the carbs we were running so we just made our own. We would start by finding the bit that just fit the jet we were working on and then moving one size up. We would then drill a series of jets all one size up from the last. We had a piece of wood with a hole drilled just smaller than the jets threads and we would screw the jets in and label each hole with the jet size so we could keep up with them.

While we were testing we would sometimes solder up the hole in the jet and redrill it several times until we got the right combonation. Once the correct size was found we would drill a good jet to the correct size ---- it worked pretty well back then.

Just a thought if all else fails.

Later,
Tony T

• Page: