Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

carb sync 29 Mar 2007 05:06 #124533

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
Anyone recommend a good tool to use when syncing the carbs on the bike after bench syncing. I've seen this and wonder if it's good to use:
'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carb sync 29 Mar 2007 05:35 #124541

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 429
It's next to impossible to do it with a separate wrench and screwdriver. You need a tool. I made my own using a long socket, some bits of metal and PC7. The one in your picture looks great ! Where did you see it ?
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

carb sync 29 Mar 2007 05:58 #124553

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The picture with the adapters also includes restrictors. These are the WHITE BEADS WITH HOLES. I have already explained their use. They slide into the HOSES up where the hoses join the plastic tubes that contain the mercury or oil or whatever...

The adjustment tool is available through K&L Supply which means www.z1enterprises.com can get it. It is an 8mm socket with the flat blade screwdriver in the middle. I NEVER use this tool for VM type carbs... I use a long blade screwdriver to hold the nut and an 8mm box wrench to tighten the nut. ON Z1's with outer adjustment nuts, I use a special wrench that I fabricated due to clearance between the nut and adjustment mechanism.

I use the tool pictured on all CV style carbs that have a locknut/screw adjuster for sync as you CAN NOT reach these with the carbs on the bike otherwise.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: