Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Bike Please HELP! 19 Mar 2007 14:47 #121645

• ttgt
  • ttgt's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just bought a old custom chopper. It has a 1976 (I believe) KZ 900 motor. The problem is you can not give it but 1/4 throttle ever or it chokes out and dies.I guy said he rebuilt carbs but I have no I idea if he knows what he is doing. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appricated!!!
THANKS!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Bike Please HELP! 19 Mar 2007 15:47 #121673

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
ttgt wrote:

I just bought a old custom chopper. It has a 1976 (I believe) KZ 900 motor. The problem is you can not give it but 1/4 throttle ever or it chokes out and dies.I guy said he rebuilt carbs but I have no I idea if he knows what he is doing. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appricated!!!
THANKS!!!!

Hi ttgt welcome to the forum.
Good luck.

New Bike Please HELP! 19 Mar 2007 21:29 #121791

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I'd be taking those carbs apart. Even if he did rebuild them correctly, has fuel been left sitting in there for an extended period of time? They could be gunked up if it has. Check all the simple things, make sure the plugs are good, all cylinders are firing etc. When you get the carbs apart make sure everything is moving freely and is clean. You may have a float sticking or something. Personally I dont trust things that I didnt do and usually feel obligated to at least inspect them :) If you don't have access to an air compressor using a can of carb cleaner with the tube attached you can blow through the jets and make sure nothing is blocked. I also use a guitar string sometimes to clean out the holes if any are blocked. I'm not an expert or anything but it sounds like you have fuel supply problems. Good luck, post some pictures!

Ron

• Page: