Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb Baseline jetting 17 Mar 2007 10:47 #121017

• pistolpete
  • pistolpete's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I thought that I had seen a post on here where various people added their bike, mods, and jetting. I searched and couldn't find it.

Specifically I am looking for the needle hight, main jet, and a/f screw turns for a 77 750 twin w/ exhaust and pods. @5000ft +

Post edited by: pistolpete, at: 2007/03/17 14:06

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb Baseline jetting 17 Mar 2007 17:11 #121133

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
I think there was one a long ways back - probably in the archives. Should be worth a check there.

Also probable someone with the answer will be aling soon
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Carb Baseline jetting 17 Mar 2007 19:09 #121155

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Some 750 owners can correct me here if I am wrong but I believe the KZ750B2 had the 3mm small headed main jet screwed into the float bowl. Unfortunately, this jet doesn't seem to be available anymore. I would think that the size of this jet would make it problematic as far as drilling but that would be one option. I suspect you would need to make it between #140 and #145. You can swap out the pilot jet going from a #45 to #45.7 and raise your jet needle by one slot (reclip). Clip to number four slot. I think the main problem is that the pods will run lean once you leave the upper mid-range... the BS carbs don't like small main jets in the upper rpms. If you drop by our vintage bike tech forum on our website, I might be able to come up with some work arounds to the main jet issue.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Carb Baseline jetting 21 Mar 2007 13:38 #122304

• pistolpete
  • pistolpete's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I went through the archives page by page and found the jetting survey. It would be great to add more to it and make it a sticky.

kzrider.com/archive/viewthread.php?tid=18321

• Page: