Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

air pods on a 77kz1000ltd 15 Feb 2007 23:41 #112803

• fdmc_99
  • fdmc_99's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
does ANYONE have a kz1000 with stock exhaust and have pods on there bike? i have a 77 KZ1000 LTD, i am planning on putting pods on it, i have no clue on what sizes of jets i have to put in my carbs, and other work needed? any and all info on this greatlly appreciated. the pic below is a pic of the pods i wanna put on, they are wire screens on the inside and on the outside, with gauze type material in between them, thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

air pods on a 77kz1000ltd 19 Feb 2007 10:26 #113565

• barquirt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
You are going to have to experiment a little bit with jet sizes. I switched from the stock airbox to pods on my 1977 KZ650 and it took some time to get everything set (nearly) correctly. I kept the stock exhaust pipes.

For the main jet, I went up two steps: from a 100 to a 105 main jet. For my pilot jets, I kept the stock #15 size, #20 pilot jets were too rich. I set my air screws at 1 1/2 turns from seated. I left the needle in the stock position. I arrived at this setup after several tries with different size mains, pilots and air screw settings... and some fouled plugs.

BUT no two bikes will be quite alike. I'd fatten the mains up a few notches for sure, maybe the pilots one step. Jets are $10 - $20 for a set of four, buy a small range if you can and have at it...

And be sure to balance your carburetors before starting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: