• Page:

TOPIC:

Rough synching fresh rebuilt carbs 25 Jan 2007 23:55 #108248

• Qdude
  • Qdude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone have suggestions as to a method of rough synching the carbs. I just replaced both the pilot screws and air screws, and the needle jets as well. Obviously this means that all of the adjustments will be off, even though I tried to get them as close as I could.

Is the pilot screw for Idle? How does the air screw affect the mixture? Does it lean out/enrichen the main jet mixture at mid to high R's? Which adjustment is it that is used to "synch" the carbs?

I read a post from someone that insists that they are able to synch the carbs without meters. Is there a method that I could use until I can get it in to a shop for a proper synching?

Small RC motors have 3 adjustment screws. Max close, low idle and high rev. Of the 2 idle screws, turning one will affect the adjustment of the other. They can be finicky. Perhaps this knowledge of tuning the small ones will help me work with these large ones. If only someone could offer a little guidance.

Cheers
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rough synching fresh rebuilt carbs 26 Jan 2007 07:40 #108295

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Qdude,
Under the tab up top that says KZ Information is a drop down tab for "Filebase" In the filebase are articles describing many fix-em-up steps, and carb syncing is one them. Here is a link.

kzrider.com/component/option,com_docman/...oc_download/gid,205/
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Rough synching fresh rebuilt carbs 26 Jan 2007 08:38 #108303

• Z1109R Fin
  • User
Synchronising carbs means adjusting the slides to move exactly on the same lewel keeping an even vacuum in all carb throats. I´m pretty shure that you can´t mess upp the sync when changing jets but it is important that you do sync them. Makes a big difference on how the engine runs. As OKC said, read those articles since synching and adjusting carbs is not easy.
Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Rough synching fresh rebuilt carbs 26 Jan 2007 11:45 #108329

• Qdude
  • Qdude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
Thanks guys,

I found that magazine article on synching Keihin and Mikunis. I am only on the first paragraph, but I can already tell that I will find many answers.

As always, thanks for the time and help all!!
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

• Page: