Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Float Level Spec 06 Jan 2007 08:14 #103702

• varget22
  • varget22's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
This past summer a friend of mine picked up a 82 KZ1100 Specter and he has no clue how to work on it. I, on the other hand have had and worked on bikes all my life. You can probably see where this is going. Anyhow, he dosen't have a service manual(wouldn't know what to do with it) and I've got his carbs off and rebuilt(been here done this many times before). What I need is the measurement of the float heights for the BS34. I've done some searching in the archives and it seems to be down to either 18.6mm or 23mm. Can someone with a service manual help me out? Thanks for any help. One thing that makes me happy is to see a 70s or 80s bike still out on the road. The more the better.

Chris
Western Slope Colorado

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Float Level Spec 12 Jan 2007 09:43 #105181

• rtg
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Varget...I runan "83 KZ 1100 with BS 34's and my factory shop manual specifies 18.6 mm as the correct float level ...tha's what mine are set at and they work real well..
RTG

Float Level Spec 12 Jan 2007 15:48 #105253

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Couldn't help but notice you are in Colorado Varget. Good luck on the project, I've seen a pic of one of those spectres on here and they look nice. Later man
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Float Level Spec 22 Jan 2007 18:50 #107535

• varget22
  • varget22's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry about the long delay in responding. Other projects have me distracted. The carbs are off and very clean and ready to go back together. Now my next question is exactly where on the float do you measure the 18.6mm. There is a high point and a low point on the float. One is on the top of the round part of the float and the other is at the very top where the pivot pin is. From my experience in the past, the measurment could be from one or the other. Also the idle mixure screws were set all different. Like from 2 turns out to almost 4 turns out on one carb. Who ever touched these last I think buggered with them and had no clue. So, I'm assuming the floats were messed with also and I want to get it right the first time. On a side note, I have a 85 Suzuki Madura of another friend I'll be doing the carbs on next. I must be either stupid or glutton for punishment. I should start charging money for this. :unsure:

• Page: