Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is this all i need to get 140hp 20 Jun 2017 16:27 #764906

• VTEC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 80

Bozo wrote: Its good to have an engine with power but please don't forget the bloody thing has to stop and handle. After I did the power thing on my Z1r the handling and brakes all of a sudden were crap, especially on our great Australian roads :silly: .
Like Steve said, it'll take years before your a happy enough with the result.

Yep. These bikes are old, and not designed for highspeed like modern sportbikes. But the minor things I did to my bike were a big help.: new progressive springs, 1 weight up on the fork oil and on the high side of the level spec, a fork brace, and setting the race sag accurately to the rider.

I also like the Metzeler Lazertech tires. They don't last long at all -- but sticky as hell!
KZ1000-K2
ZRX1100
XR400R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VTEC.

Is this all i need to get 140hp 20 Jun 2017 16:37 #764907

• VTEC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 80
Also went with EBC Pads and ventilated disks. Big difference in stopping power. Got them but have yet to install braided steel lines which should be like power brakes compared to 35 year old standard rubber.
KZ1000-K2
ZRX1100
XR400R

Last edit: by VTEC.

Is this all i need to get 140hp 21 Jun 2017 20:15 #765012

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
  • Thank you received: 104

VTEC wrote: Also went with EBC Pads and ventilated disks. Big difference in stopping power. Got them but have yet to install braided steel lines which should be like power brakes compared to 35 year old standard rubber.

You'll notice I have R6 discs and R1 calipers (with braided lines and ZZR1100 hydraulics), amazingly I thought I would have issues with fork flex but so far its ok (I don't do endos). The frame is strengthened in the right places and the swingarm/Wheel is off the GPZ900R.
Its not an R1 but I don't have death wobbles or bad braking. It doesn't lose traction like my standard rear tyre did under acceleration (dry).
I might add I still have all my original bits (apart from the exhaust) if I ever need to go back to standard
First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as above)