TOPIC:

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 27 Jun 2015 07:23 #678437

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
A motorcycle bullet going in one door and out the other will learn them :evil:
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 27 Jun 2015 10:34 #678464

• OutsiderKZ900A4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10

kznetty wrote: That woman would have been able to tell me what flavor my channel locks were.

My Dad told me a long time ago; Ride as if you were invisible and that everyone out there is out to intentionally run you over. That has been excellent advice.

This is excellent advice. I also ride like every car/truck on the road is out to kill me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN

Re:Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 06 Jul 2015 08:41 #679644

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
  • Thank you received: 62
Pop back in to her place of employment later in the day, check for security cameras in the lot, and leave her with 4 flat tires...It MIGHT give her time (while waiting for a wrecker) to re-consider her vigilante policies...She is a FREAKING IDIOT! As Strother Martin famously said, "some people ya just cain't reach!"
1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo

Re:Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 06 Jul 2015 08:53 #679646

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Legends in their own minds. (What's left of them)
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 12 Jul 2015 13:23 #680560

• mstram
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Spencer440 wrote: Do you realize that you cannot brake on a motorcycle while you are in a turn?

Brakes at Lean Angle...To Survive and Thrive!
yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122811

Traction Pie / Braking Traction available
www.msgroup.org/Tip.aspx?Num=219&Set=217-252

Braking in a Curve
www.msgroup.org/Tip.aspx?Num=128&Set=109-144

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 12 Jul 2015 15:27 #680576

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Looks good in writing but in the real world, it comes from your gut. No substitute for experience.
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 12 Jul 2015 16:14 #680581

• mstram
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

swest wrote: Looks good in writing but in the real world, it comes from your gut. No substitute for experience.
Steve

Nick Ienatsch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Ienatsch

Nick Ienatsch was a competitor in several American Road Racing Association classes,[3]
Motorcycle Grand Prix racing (see 1991 United States motorcycle Grand Prix) and
in AMA 250 Grand Prix class.[

Ienatsch was the lead instructor for twelve years at Freddie Spencer Riding
School.[1][5] He later created and was lead instructor at Yamaha Champions
Riding School.[6]

James R. Davis
www.msgroup.org/expert.aspx/
44 years of motorcycle riding experience, excess of 500,000 miles
of on-the-road motorcycle travel without a single accident

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 12 Jul 2015 16:47 #680582

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Off topic. If you'd like you can start a new thread.
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 04 Aug 2015 13:22 #684285

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37

Spencer440 wrote:

531blackbanshee wrote: dang spencer glad you missed the stupid farking b!t(h!
i was in memphis a couple weeks back and got spencer to show us around a lil.
and,
i have got to tell you memphis is the absolute worst place i have ever ridden in my life for people just straight up trying to kill you on a motorcycle with a car!!!!!!!!
and it don't matter if your riding a kz650 or an ultra classic or anything in between.
they will look you straight in the eyes and pull out in front of you or damn near side swipe you pulling out.
it's damn near warfare.
you better ride like it is anyway.
i believe i would have me a
www.ironbraid.com/Get-Back-Whips.html
with the wieght in the end so i could start layin windshields out of some stupid freakin idiots cars.
that way their blood could get pumpin too!!!

be careful out there spencer they are out to getcha :angry: ...

leon

This is very true! But hey, you just gotta do like I said, and act like you're in a zombie apocalypse and everyone is after you to kill you...

Rule Number 2... Double Tap, she won't dot that to anyone again :D

In all seriousness though, so very glad you are ok and cannot for the life of me believe the audacity of people anymore. I pretty much despise anytime I have to get on the road, in a car or anything else, unless it is a bike on one of the back roads in Colorado, thats when I can smile and unwind. I'm only 27, but watching so many people nearly kill me, my family or my friends over the years on roads or worse I pretty much just hate humanity anymore until someone proves me wrong haha. Safe riding and best of luck!

- Irish
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 04 Aug 2015 14:38 #684305

• missionkz
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 184

Irish-Kawi wrote:

Spencer440 wrote:

and,
i have got to tell you memphis is the absolute worst place i have ever ridden in my life for people just straight up trying to kill you on a motorcycle with a car!!!!!!!!
and it don't matter if your riding a kz650 or an ultra classic or anything in between.
they will look you straight in the eyes and pull out in front of you or damn near side swipe you pulling out.
it's damn near warfare.
with the wieght in the end so i could start layin windshields out of some stupid freakin idiots cars.

leon

This is very true! But hey, you just gotta do like I said, and act like you're in a zombie apocalypse and everyone is after you to kill you...

In all seriousness though, so very glad you are ok and cannot for the life of me believe the audacity of people anymore. I pretty much despise anytime I have to get on the road, in a car or anything else, unless it is a bike on one of the back roads in Colorado, thats when I can smile and unwind. I'm only 27, but watching so many people nearly kill me, my family or my friends over the years on roads or worse I pretty much just hate humanity anymore until someone proves me wrong haha. Safe riding and best of luck!

- Irish

A very good friend of mine got knocked off his Shadow yesterday.
He has only been riding a couple months and does not have great street smarts yet but I have ridden with him and he is a good new rider.
He went out for a late morning breakfast ride on a double lane highway between Boulder and Longmont Colo...and had a lazy ass pickup truck driver in the right lane next to him drift over into his lane without looking and push out his front wheel with his rear bumper.
Although not a high speed crash... jacked him up pretty good and the Shadow is probably totaled.
You have to ride aggressively and defensively all at the same time.
Never take anyone around you for granted or trust them for a second.
They will kill you and tell your surviving family it was your fault.
Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

Last edit: by missionkz.

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 04 Aug 2015 15:21 #684309

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37

missionkz wrote:

Irish-Kawi wrote:

Spencer440 wrote:

and,
it's damn near warfare.

leon

- Irish

A very good friend of mine got knocked off his Shadow yesterday.
He has only been riding a couple months and does not have great street smarts yet but I have ridden with him and he is a good new rider.
He went out for a late morning breakfast ride on a double lane highway between Boulder and Longmont Colo...and had a lazy ass pickup truck driver in the right lane next to him drift over into his lane without looking and push out his front wheel with his rear bumper.
Although not a high speed crash... jacked him up pretty good and the Shadow is probably totaled.
You have to ride aggressively and defensively all at the same time.
Never take anyone around you for granted or trust them for a second.
They will kill you and tell your surviving family it was your fault.

Oh man so sorry to hear that Bruce, hope your friend is ok and not shaken up too bad, truly a shame to hear about the Shadow likely being totaled too :(

That stretch of road (Highway 119, Boulder Turnpike once you enter Boulder) is just awful, its full of angry PO'd commuters who would rather be entertained by killing someone than actually driving safely. Cannot tell you how many times I have come THIS close to being taken out on that road, even got chased down a few times by people trying to pick a fight/race when I was driving my Camaro around as a daily driver ( www.cardomain.com/ride/2082551/1985-chev...amaro/photo-gallery/ this was my girl "Lucy" before I eventually had to sell her to get married and have a kiddo, miss her but now I can do something similar on a bike :D )

I am a bit of a cynic always, so I just assume everyone hates me wants to kill me and I refuse to go out of my way to give them the chance, plus I support my wife and special needs son alone, I cannot afford for anything to happen to me and impact them.
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 04 Aug 2015 15:34 #684312

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Utah drivers are stupid and rude but Colorado drivers are assholes. The 2 yrs I spent driving around there was more than enough.