Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 23 Jun 2015 06:33 #677859

• Spencer440
  • Spencer440's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Well, I was headed to work this morning at about 7:45 am and I pulled onto the street that my work is off of, and as I come around this one left hander turn, this blue 2006 Honda Civic pulled out in front of me... Turning left pulling across my lane... I freaked out, and just tried to turn harder and not brake, and I just barely passed it... I then turn around quickly and follow the vehicle into it's place of work... I honk at her and ask her to roll the window down. I asked her why she pulled out in front of me like that? She replied saying, " I was trying to get you to slow down, you were going to fast in that turn" ..... I replied back saying, "I was doing 40 in a 45 Ma'am, I was not going too fast, and why would you think pulling out in front of me while I am in a turn is a good idea??? Do you realize that you cannot brake on a motorcycle while you are in a turn? Your contact patches are smaller, and it makes it alot easier to slip away if you hit the brakes..." ... She proceeded to smile and say " Well 40 is too fast for this turn, you should have slowed down."... I replied back saying " So, intentionally pulling a 3000+ pound vehicle in front of a moving motorcycle with someone on it, is a good idea to get them to "slow down"? ".... This just has me really pissed this morning...
1980 KZ440-B
1979 Kawasaki KZ650-C3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 23 Jun 2015 06:51 #677864

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Did you get her information? You should have LE explain what Vehicular assault is and it can be a Felony. People seem to be more mean spirited as time goes on. It was like that before 911. Everything changed. People seemed to be more friendly for a while, didn't last long.
Another thing, they don't see bikes as a threat to them being they are in a 3000 pound cage. Their insurance will pay for the damage done, so "why should I care." I just think of that headline in the 70's, "Kawasaki 900 T bones Jaguar at 80 MPH." The bike went in the driver's door and exited the passengers door. Two fatalities in the car, one on the bike.
These people should be thinking what a 600/700 pound bullet can do to them. :whistle:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN

Last edit: by SWest.

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 23 Jun 2015 07:28 #677870

• Spencer440
  • Spencer440's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
No... I ended up just driving off.. Yeah, it's ridiculous... Screw the motorcycle or car, I'm more worried about me and anyone else in the vehicle... What if I hit her car and snapped my neck and became a cripple for life? What if I died? It could easily happen... It just saddens me that some people are so inconsiderate that don't even realize the severity of there careless actions... Using your vehicle as a death machine for a motorcyclist is NOT excusable in any way shape, form, or fashion.
1980 KZ440-B
1979 Kawasaki KZ650-C3

Last edit: by Spencer440.

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 23 Jun 2015 07:51 #677873

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It's more than that. It's called sociopathic behavior. It is becoming endemic in our society. I read 30% of people are this way. I think it's the other way around.
My son and his mother are testifying against my daughter to have her children taken away because I stepped in and bought her a car so she could get away from them. It's been two years and they are still at it, that's why we've been going to court in Oregon and have to be there on the 8th of July. Control, jealousy and hate is all they know. Enough of that.
When I'm out there, I expect not just the stupid moves some people make, also the ones that try to hurt me. It happens on almost every ride to my daughter's place. Some will move over to let me pass and I give them a thank you wave. The others I leave behind or let them pass as fast as I can.
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 23 Jun 2015 22:29 #678043

• Barry2
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23
My temper is really getting rotten in my old age and had it been me that happened to the both of us would have been in very serious trouble.
:angry:
1976 KZ900

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 06:05 #678061

• kznetty
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
That woman would have been able to tell me what flavor my channel locks were.

My Dad told me a long time ago; Ride as if you were invisible and that everyone out there is out to intentionally run you over. That has been excellent advice. I am very wary of cars looking to pull onto the street in front of you. Eye contact means nothing. A driver can look you square in the eye and still pull out in front of you. Instead, I focus on the wheels. If I see the slightest hint of movement, I engage "evasive maneuvers". Try to always leave yourself an "out". If you see a vehicle attempting to move, you see the driver scanning (hopefully). From a young age we are told to look both ways, but what are we truly looking for? CARS! Not motorcycles, so the brain doesn't even register seeing a motorcycle. They will most likely run right over the top of you and swear to their dying breath "they never saw you"!

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 06:24 #678067

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Yup, blind turns are the worst. Your behind a truck turning right, a car is waiting for it and you to pass, you become invisible for a few seconds, the driver forgets there was a bike behind the truck, he/she pulls out and that surprised look on their face sticks with you as you stop, evade or connect. Been there. I have duel horns. I don't care if the guy behind me is in a hurry, I'll slow down, hit the horns and be ready to stop if need be. Call me a wuss but I REMEMBER THE WRECK. :angry:
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 06:51 #678072

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
dang spencer glad you missed the stupid farking b!t(h!
i was in memphis a couple weeks back and got spencer to show us around a lil.
and,
i have got to tell you memphis is the absolute worst place i have ever ridden in my life for people just straight up trying to kill you on a motorcycle with a car!!!!!!!!
and it don't matter if your riding a kz650 or an ultra classic or anything in between.
they will look you straight in the eyes and pull out in front of you or damn near side swipe you pulling out.
it's damn near warfare.
you better ride like it is anyway.
i believe i would have me a
www.ironbraid.com/Get-Back-Whips.html
with the wieght in the end so i could start layin windshields out of some stupid freakin idiots cars.
that way their blood could get pumpin too!!!

be careful out there spencer they are out to getcha :angry: ...

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer440

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 07:31 #678078

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Got to be careful. The pricks have a nasty habit of turning things around on you. "He hit my car officer." :sick:
"Gee, I don't know where that bolt came from, it must have been kicked up by my tire." :whistle:
" There were BB's? What BB's, I don't have no stinking BB's." :evil:
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 09:28 #678097

• bluezbike
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104
As everyone has said, glad you are OK. Having said that I believe Steve is correct in one respect that you should get the police to explain to her why that was such a bad idea on her part (if they don't charge her for her reckless and potentially deadly behavior). Through your good riding skills you barely managed to escape a serious injury .......but she will do that again to someone else and they might not be so fortunate. You are also correct in thinking the car and bike are secondary and you are the primary concern, that is why I believe you owe it to everyone concerned to not let this matter drop......my .02
79 KZ 1000 LTD
77 KZ 1000 B1 LTD (awaiting electrical resurrection)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer440

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 24 Jun 2015 10:41 #678104

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Yup, I agree.
Steve

Almost got killed going to work....Intentionally 25 Jun 2015 04:50 #678193

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
  • Thank you received: 260
Steve is correct in one respect that you should get the police to explain to her why that was such a bad idea on her part (if they don't charge her for her reckless and potentially deadly behavior). Through your good riding skills you barely managed to escape a serious injury .......but she will do that again to someone else and they might not be so fortunate. You are also correct in thinking the car and bike are secondary and you are the primary concern, that is why I believe you owe it to everyone concerned to not let this matter drop......

Yes, she probably honestly believes she is doing her civic duty by 'advising on safe riding skills' and will carry on in her self- righteous way, but there is a serious risk she'll kill or main someone one day. I would definitely report this. What happens when the does this trick again on a knee down headbanger who really is (stupidly) riding on the limits?

I had something similar a while ago, rubbishy hot hatchback with dickhead young male driver trying to impress his equally gormless girlfriend in the passenger seat. I go to overtake, he moves out to block me,
did that a few times before we went our separate ways. I flagged down a passing motorcycle police officer and he took a description of the vehicle and it's direction and sped off to 'have a word' with them. I think being motorcycle police he was more sympathetic than perhaps a police car.
1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces