Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 18 Oct 2008 22:35 #242533

• dblhdr
  • dblhdr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
:woohoo: I'd like to thank the Boys from Chicago for Riding down and partaking in a run down Hwy94 to Washington Missouri and back to the Grafton Ferry with us today. It was a great day to ride the twisty curvy roads with a bunch of great guys. :laugh: I hope I remember the names correctly
:unsure: Lawrance, Javier, and Mohamed. Please correct me if I got the names or the spelling wrong.
Here they are waiting to get across the river
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 18 Oct 2008 22:40 #242537

• dblhdr
  • User
:laugh: We rode with a few other bikes besides KZ's there were a couple of Harley's one or two Yama-hammers, a Honda and an Indian:P
[
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
Attachments:

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 19 Oct 2008 08:13 #242605

• dblhdr
  • User
:ohmy: This KZ900 Ridden by MadKaw Steve is mean machine even if it is lavender. (My wife likes the lavender):cheer:
Attachments:

Last edit: by dblhdr.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 19 Oct 2008 10:52 #242632

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Glad you guys had a good ride, thanks for the pix. We allow other bikes to tag along on our So Cal rides, it's all good.
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 19 Oct 2008 15:59 #242692

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
we just go home.me, jeff, and don met up with lawrence and the chi town boys after they ate at applebees. we took them up the river road to grafton,then we road with them about 60 miles north.pulled off the road and talked a bit, and said good buy.and off they went to chicago.im realy glad they came down they are a real good groop of guys:cheer: maybe next summer we can return the favor and go up there.nothing like good food:) -good bikes:) -and good friendsB) .i got lots of good pictures as soon as i figure out how to post them i will.buy the way thanks bob:dry: but dont let the lavender paint fool you guys its not stock:woohoo:

Last edit: by madkaw1200.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 19 Oct 2008 20:37 #242741

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Just glad you guys waited for us. It was hard getting there. It was beyond cold at 5 in the morning after the rain we decided to leave and then by the time we rode a hundred miles almost I had to pull off because my hands were frozen. Everything else was good even my bum didn't feel sore after over 400 miles of riding and today even more. :huh: Then when the weather got warmer every time we stopped for gas we had someone coming up and striking conversation. Funny this old guy was checking out Mohammed's fat lady and then he saw my bike and began telling me about his old kaw and how he bought it new and just a few years ago sold it. Had it for 30 years he said. :blink:
Thanks to you guys for all of your warm hospitality. It truly was a lovely time. Best time I had riding all summer. Next time we see each other we have to get on a strip and kick the kaws in the arse and see who's is top dawg. :P
Coming back we stopped in Virden to take a few pics and had a beer where my dad used to drink. Man was that ever a blast back to the past. Nothing had changed about that place almost like the land that time forgot. Tomorrow when I get back from school I will put some up of what I took and we can compare notes.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 19 Oct 2008 20:39 #242742

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Mark Wing wrote:

Glad you guys had a good ride, thanks for the pix. We allow other bikes to tag along on our So Cal rides, it's all good.
Mark

Next summer I might just ride up to Cali to visit with my brother. I will hit you all up so we can tear it up Cali style.:woohoo:
79 LTD B3

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 20 Oct 2008 05:14 #242785

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Man, I had a blast riding with you guys all weekend! We gotta do that again! Maybe next spring sometime eh?
I especially liked those twisties Bob showed us over in Missouri. Somebody's gonna have to set up a helmet cam for that trip next time.
I haven't had time to download the few pictures that I took yet. Maybe tonight.
Oh, and someone mentioned gettin Javiar onto a KZ. I found this on Craigslist, and it's up in El Paso, just south of Chicago: stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/885804250.html
Although I think he's a natural on that Indian, if he wants to be cool like us :laugh: , he needs a KZ...
And Mohammad needs one too. He did mention that he noticed that he seems to draw most attention from old men when he's on his Goldwing.
And here I thought I was a perv...:woohoo:

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 20 Oct 2008 06:51 #242795

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Mohammed has a few kzs he just doesn't like to ride them. He would rather sell them on ebay. And Yanni already mentioned to him he needs to buy a kz. I think he will as he really liked my bike when he rode it. Besides he can keep his Indian in better shape that way. B-) At any rate on the way back we were flying. I think at one point I was going so fast my valves started to float or something. It was a strange feeling. All I know is that the tach cable broke so I hope I wasn't redlining it. We made pretty good time getting home. My eyes are still red and my students asked me if I was blown. HAHAHA They can be quite funny sometimes.
79 LTD B3

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 20 Oct 2008 07:09 #242797

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm glad you all made it.
Me and the wife stopped at bar we passed just south of Carlinville, and had a couple beers. By the time we got home the sun was down and the temp was dropping like a rock, and I thought about you guys with your hands frozen to the bars, probably running wide open, with three hours to go...Mohammad cruisin along, nice and cozy on his fat lady, just laughing.:laugh:

Oh, and remember all the cops and EMT and search and rescue trucks we saw when we crossed the river? It was a commercial fisherman that fell off his boat. Still haven't found him yet: www.thetelegraph.com/news/search_19371__...inues_fisherman.html

Last edit: by riverroad.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 20 Oct 2008 14:24 #242853

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Wow! That is just not good news. But he must've had a massive heart attack or seizure. You fall in the water you can swim especially if you have been in and out of it all your life. I would assume. He probably died before he fell in. I hope any way. Drowning is tragic.
As far as the ride home it was good, cold, but better than coming, MUCH better. My hands stayed warm in my gloves this time. I was bundled up and it didn't affect me at all beside the stiff neck I got from riding before it got cold.
Oh and the rear gear on my bike is a 33. But that is not stock is it? My other 79 I remember crackin over 120 on and then when I got the chain changed the guy at Fornarelli Racing fixed it and man! It sure got up went but I had no top end. I was riding this bike and it felt the same so I checked the gear in the rear and saw that it was 33 the same as the other gear that is on my 79. Now I was told he went up a couple in back and one in front but if Jeff said or who I forgot but they said 33 rear was stock. Is that for the 80 models and 79 had maybe 31? No big deal I guess. I really am tired today. My eyes were so red when I got back. lol This morning too. Man I am just thinking about the next trip. I want to ride Miami. We should do it next summer. You guys aren't that far away from getting there as opposed to me. Wait till you see the 79 when I get her done she will fine cognac. I am afraid to see the money that I spend on her. I think that project now will be on the sidelines until I finish paying for windows roof and gutters. There is the baby on the way too that I am sure will eat me up financially. But hey! All the more reason to go no expense spared when I do it piece by piece. Powder coating on all metal that was painted and polish to look chrome on all aluminum. Trick paint job. All new wiring, bearings and perhaps wheels too. Maybe that can wait till I see what the wheels will look like. I really like the stock look and putting different wheels and changing everything would take away from the whole kaw thing but who knows I can have one stockish and the other for short wild rides to take to extremes with the engine and looks. i think maybe a 1327 with turbo on it should be the ticket. Wild Child. lol:silly: :S
www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=508657205
79 LTD B3

Last edit: by saxjonz.

Chi. Town boys ride to St. Louis 20 Oct 2008 16:29 #242867

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
good to know everyone got home safe:) .i tryed to post some pictures but it wont let me for some reason:angry: .ill get them on soon.

Last edit: by madkaw1200.