Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 06 May 2014 22:11 #631624

• kaw-a-holic
  • kaw-a-holic's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
Alright guys the flag is finally on the move again and in the final phase in the the South West. Would be great to have it make it to Colorado for the Rally.
The reason I am starting this thread is for us to get organized and make it easy to find who wants to participate. Cali riders it is time to make yourselves known. I would also like to know if we have anyone in Nevada. I have already been in contact with a couple of members in AZ.
So if your in the South West please post here and let us know you want to ride so the can contact you to keep the flag moving. New Mexico I have not forgotten you but is a bit early just yet but by all means if you are willing to participate please let us know.

Thanks Jon.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 07 May 2014 05:03 #631640

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I will try to help move it south.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaw-a-holic

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 09 May 2014 17:12 #631970

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

kaw-a-holic wrote: Alright guys the flag is finally on the move again and in the final phase in the the South West. Would be great to have it make it to Colorado for the Rally.
The reason I am starting this thread is for us to get organized and make it easy to find who wants to participate. Cali riders it is time to make yourselves known. I would also like to know if we have anyone in Nevada. I have already been in contact with a couple of members in AZ.
So if your in the South West please post here and let us know you want to ride so the can contact you to keep the flag moving. New Mexico I have not forgotten you but is a bit early just yet but by all means if you are willing to participate please let us know.

Thanks Jon.

Bump!
Good Job getting the next leg of the relay going. Hopefully there will be some riders posting up.
B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 12 May 2014 20:10 #632227

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

kaw-a-holic wrote: Alright guys the flag is finally on the move again and in the final phase in the the South West. Would be great to have it make it to Colorado for the Rally.

Thanks Jon.

I have never seen a post from anyone in Nevada. Just cut the south corner of NV through Laughlin on the way from So.Cal to Aridzona. New Mexico is also devoid of riders. There was one but he moved up to Iowa. You and OMR are going to bring the flag up to 4 Corners, right? You can knock off 4 states and complete the rally for the USA on that trip. Good luck getting the last leg organized and completed. I mean that with all sincerity.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 12 May 2014 20:59 #632229

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
Unfortunately OMR will not be joining us due to family/work obligations, last I asked. I do believe he will be able to take part in the relay.
That is a bummer about Nevada and New Mexico. I would be honored to take part in 4-corners photo op with the flag. The thought of it will keep me up at nights with pressure finish on time.
I will dedicate some time this week reaching out to Nevada and New Mexico. I have family in Las Vegas so I never have to pay for a hotel there if I need to meet someone there.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 13 May 2014 09:30 #632254

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

kaw-a-holic wrote: Unfortunately OMR will not be joining us due to family/work obligations, last I asked. I do believe he will be able to take part in the relay.
That is a bummer about Nevada and New Mexico. I would be honored to take part in 4-corners photo op with the flag. The thought of it will keep me up at nights with pressure finish on time.
I will dedicate some time this week reaching out to Nevada and New Mexico. I have family in Las Vegas so I never have to pay for a hotel there if I need to meet someone there.

I have family in Las Vegas also. Las Vegas, New Mexico that is, about 65 miles east of Santa Fe. I'll be spending a week or so there after the rally.

Too bad about OMR not making it to the rally. Can he get up to 4 Corners for the last US leg? You will probably be the anchor going to 4 Corners. Better polish up the scoot to get ready for the photo shoot. :woohoo:
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Last edit: by TomW.

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 13 May 2014 12:24 #632272

• Motor Head
  • User
Guy's, I'm planning on the Rally. Also I will Be Taking the flag to Slayer61 in CA soon. All depends of course, but if needed, I could drag the Flag through NV as I ride to the Rally. Highway 50 is Real Boring and Hot as Hell. But it is a pretty direct route!
B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 17 May 2014 06:24 #632727

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
It's up to you Motorhead. Either way if no one in Nevada speaks up I will have to go get it and and ride through Nevada anyway. I haven't posted a Craig's List add yet but I did send an emails to a couple of bike clubs, a vintage motorcycle shop and a guy buying up KZ/GPZ parts. I still need to contact some Kawi shops and post an as on CL.
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 23 May 2014 07:05 #633622

• Motor Head
  • User

kaw-a-holic wrote: It's up to you Motorhead. Either way if no one in Nevada speaks up I will have to go get it and and ride through Nevada anyway. I haven't posted a Craig's List add yet but I did send an emails to a couple of bike clubs, a vintage motorcycle shop and a guy buying up KZ/GPZ parts. I still need to contact some Kawi shops and post an as on CL.

Yep, if they Flag Stalls again, I'll see if I can swing in to get it on the way to the Rally.
Hopefully that will NOT be the case, as I believe everyone would like to see more riders get involved. Thats the Point of this Relay, get your bike out on the road, see some country, and meet some fellow KZ'ers!!!!
B)

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 28 May 2014 05:31 #634269

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
No worries and no problems. The Flag will touch Nevada. I am confident of that. We will catch New Mexico at The Four Corners as well as when we transport The Relay Flag on our rides during The Rally. This will all work out. Keep us posted fellow KZ Riders! B)

I will be on the West Coast riding my C-14 from IL through Colorado, Nevada, and CA. I will return through Sacramento, CA into Tahoe and then across Nevada, Utah, Colorado. If I can help as a wing man and the timing works that would be great. Any help I can offer.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 28 May 2014 18:24 #634358

• Motor Head
  • User

Forrest wrote: No worries and no problems. The Flag will touch Nevada. I am confident of that. We will catch New Mexico at The Four Corners as well as when we transport The Relay Flag on our rides during The Rally. This will all work out. Keep us posted fellow KZ Riders! B)

I will be on the West Coast riding my C-14 from IL through Colorado, Nevada, and CA. I will return through Sacramento, CA into Tahoe and then across Nevada, Utah, Colorado. If I can help as a wing man and the timing works that would be great. Any help I can offer.

Sweet, have fun on your ride Forrest!! :)

KZR North American Relay Ride South West Leg 05 Jun 2014 19:25 #635522

• Motor Head
  • User
Bumperooskie!!
Come on Guys get into the Relay!! Meet some fellow KZR members and KZ owners, get out there and ride!! B)