Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 16 Sep 2013 11:18 #606661

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

Motor Head wrote:

toolmaker wrote: Sounds good to me, but I don't see highway 30 on my map. Want to try for Saturday?

Something like this I would think would be a decant ride with almost no slab riding.
goo.gl/maps/PYdaX

Yup, that's what I was thinking.

Saturday works great, we can look at the weather when it gets closer and decide if there's a time of day that might be better I guess. As long as its not torrential, I will pretty much ride in anything. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 17 Sep 2013 10:22 #606777

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19

schuss wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

toolmaker wrote: Sounds good to me, but I don't see highway 30 on my map. Want to try for Saturday?

Something like this I would think would be a decant ride with almost no slab riding.
goo.gl/maps/PYdaX

Saturday works great, we can look at the weather when it gets closer and decide if there's a time of day that might be better I guess. As long as its not torrential, I will pretty much ride in anything. B)

OK, I see what you were referring to, I've been on those roads plenty. A lot of traffic, straigtht stretches and traffic lights. I might do part of it though.

Riding in the northwest prepares you to be able to ride just about anywhere, but I am getting older and don't like heavy rain anymore.

Call me on Friday and we'll figure it out.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 17 Sep 2013 22:51 #606868

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Look at the road trip planner, for the current weather forecast.
www.wunderground.com/roadtrip/?lat=46.01...2C+WA&dir.t1=12%3A00

Saturdays at 12 Noon Starting time for each rider.

www.wunderground.com/roadtrip/?lat=47.00...2C+WA&dir.t1=12%3A00
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Attachments:

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 17 Sep 2013 23:23 #606876

• schuss
  • User

toolmaker wrote:

schuss wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

goo.gl/maps/PYdaX

OK, I see what you were referring to, I've been on those roads plenty. A lot of traffic, straigtht stretches and traffic lights. I might do part of it though.

Riding in the northwest prepares you to be able to ride just about anywhere, but I am getting older and don't like heavy rain anymore.

Call me on Friday and we'll figure it out.

Totally open to a different route if you want to propose something.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 18 Sep 2013 10:20 #606908

• toolmaker
  • User
The route and meeting place are fine.

I'm just busy with building a new shop and am having trouble getting help lately.....trusses arrive today and I have no idea how I'm going to get them up and installed. A break will do me good.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 20 Sep 2013 09:55 #607148

• Motor Head
  • User
With a front approaching, Saturday looks better than Sunday, according to the Weather Guessers. But it looks sketchy all weekend and into next week. If you ride far in the PNW, you bring rain gear along. Usually if you bring it, you don't need it. Leave it at home, and you'll get wet.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 21 Sep 2013 10:48 #607238

• toolmaker
  • User
It looks like we are going to try for next Sunday instead....I am building a new shop and the only day I can get help raising the trusses is today. It has been a long and difficult slog and I need to get it done before winter really sets in. :ohmy:

Rain sucks, but it sucks worse here in the northwet because it is cold - I used to live in Miami and rode in downpours so heavy that cage drivers had to stop because they couldn't see! :woohoo:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 21 Sep 2013 13:58 #607258

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
:whistle:
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 02 Oct 2013 22:15 #608604

• Motor Head
  • User
Schuss, do you still have the flag? Have you been in contact with any riders for a hand off? I know the weather has basically been crap the last couple of weeks. Even here we have been 15 degrees below average, and for here quite a bit of rain. The rain been great for dirt riding though, got the KX250 out last Saturday between rain squalls. Really a heavy frost last night, and the mountains have quite a bit of that white stuff.
But I just got another new rear tire for the KZ, and a 5 gallon tank is now fitted. Someone will need to move it again, and I believe that will be down into Lodi, California, to Slayer61. Hell of a long ride round trip, like 1200mi. I've got a 4 day weekend just before Halloween, so if it were to happen, it would have to be then.
Otherwise it will have to wait till next spring, as the snow is coming. :sick:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 03 Oct 2013 03:29 #608623

• schuss
  • User
Yes, I still have the flag!

If you are thinking about another epic ride let me know, I don't have the gear or experience to tackle something like that myself but I'll do whatever I can to accommodate you.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 03 Oct 2013 08:46 #608632

• Motor Head
  • User

schuss wrote: Yes, I still have the flag!

If you are thinking about another epic ride let me know, I don't have the gear or experience to tackle something like that myself but I'll do whatever I can to accommodate you.

Are you still in touch with Toolmaker from Portland? Do you have any plans for a hand off, or with the Fall weather settled in, Whats the latest on any hand off?
Someone will need to take the flag south to CA. Or just let it sit there with you till spring. Nothing wrong with that i suppose, but I thought it might cheer up Slayer61 to hang onto the flag till someone comes to him to get it. He's in Lodi, CA and is fighting Cancer. :(

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 03 Oct 2013 09:23 #608636

• toolmaker
  • User
I'm still here....under water mostly. Last weekend we set records and it just isn't fun to ride in that stuff anymore.
Between weather, wife's operations and building a new shop it has been an interesting summer.
Feel free to call me Schuss, maybe we can set something up for this weekend.