Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 12 Sep 2013 10:42 #606179

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I had a skin cancer removed several years ago and have had no problems since. They are getting better at fixing these things. Good luck!
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slayer61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 12 Sep 2013 22:24 #606240

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Any news if the Flag will move this weekend? Schuss, Killman?
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 12 Sep 2013 22:37 #606244

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

Motor Head wrote: Any news if the Flag will move this weekend? Schuss, Killman?

Killman's latest is that he is coming to Seattle to pick it up. No riding for me, as he is coming straight to me, so I will just go for a ride after :)

Hopefully we can turn it quickly in BC, come back thru Seattle next weekend and maybe even get to Toolmaker in Portland the same weekend??? :)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 12 Sep 2013 22:49 #606246

• Motor Head
  • User

schuss wrote:

Killman's latest is that he is coming to Seattle to pick it up. No riding for me, as he is coming straight to me, so I will just go for a ride after :)

Hopefully we can turn it quickly in BC, come back thru Seattle next weekend and maybe even get to Toolmaker in Portland the same weekend??? :)

Cool, hope it goes smooth for Killman coming though customs. Its only short ride for him, so that should be ok. Lots of good riding weather left to move it south. After the News of health problems for Slayer61, we need someone to step up in California. Hopefully the Flag can make a stop in Slayers area for him to check it out anyway. He has been looking forward to the relay going near him for a long time. If it comes down to it, I'll make another ride on the KZ south into CA, and maybe still use him as a Flag Man even if he can't ride?
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 00:04 #606251

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
I don't know that I'd call a nine hour round trip, (excluding customs) a "short ride" :laugh:

Should be a fun day, though. Turns out I had a clogged pilot jet and a magically disappearing 0-ring. Seems okay now. I'll be taking her out for a shakedown on Saturday. If it goes well, I might just head over on the ferry and camp Saturday night, meet Schuss the next day. I just need to re-order some travel insurance tomorrow.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 06:04 #606268

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote:

schuss wrote:

Cool, hope it goes smooth for Killman coming though customs. Its only short ride for him, so that should be ok. Lots of good riding weather left to move it south. After the News of health problems for Slayer61, we need someone to step up in California. Hopefully the Flag can make a stop in Slayers area for him to check it out anyway. He has been looking forward to the relay going near him for a long time. If it comes down to it, I'll make another ride on the KZ south into CA, and maybe still use him as a Flag Man even if he can't ride?

That sounds like a good idea. There is no one between you and Slayer on the map. I agree, Slayer61 should get the flag to at least hold til someone can go pick it up. Mapquest shows 471 miles from Bend,OR to Lodi,CA. About 8-9 hours taking the express lanes. Looks like an overnighter unless you wanna go for an Iron Butt membership. :woohoo: :woohoo:
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 10:01 #606280

• Motor Head
  • User

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote:

schuss wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. There is no one between you and Slayer on the map. I agree, Slayer61 should get the flag to at least hold til someone can go pick it up. Mapquest shows 471 miles from Bend,OR to Lodi,CA. About 8-9 hours taking the express lanes. Looks like an overnighter unless you wanna go for an Iron Butt membership. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tom, When I look at the map, it looks a bit further. But then I avoid those Slabs like the Plague. So if I got the Flag back here in Bend again, then the route would look more like this to Slayer61's.
goo.gl/maps/yZBji
B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 10:03 #606281

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
Next weekend looks good to me. I might be able to move it toward Cali too.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 10:13 #606282

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: Next weekend looks good to me. I might be able to move it toward Cali too.

Toolmaker, the relay is counting on you to get the Flag back to Portland, from Schuss when it comes back south from Killman in BC.
If you want to move it south into CA to the next rider, thats great. The only contact I have so far thats in N CA is Slayer61, in Lodi. Quite a haul no matter which route is taken. Unless another rider chimes in from N CA to make a Pass to, it looks like Lodi is the destination. Another 4 day weekend of Peeling through the curves!
B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 10:43 #606284

• C.T.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Motor Head, that map you posted takes you about a block from my home in Ione. My KZ is curently down, but the ZRX is good to go if you would like some company. If the timing is right I would love to tag along.

Curtis
1979 KZ1000 L.T.D. B-3 Original Owner
2003 ZRX 1200R
1976 KZ900 A4 Project bike

Ione Ca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 14:08 #606306

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote: Tom, When I look at the map, it looks a bit further. But then I avoid those Slabs like the Plague. So if I got the Flag back here in Bend again, then the route would look more like this to Slayer61's.
goo.gl/maps/yZBjiB)

That looks like an awesome ride. I like that much better than the slab. I should probably spend more time on the secondary roads when I travel and less time on the I system. However when I'm going someplace definite, I want to get there and the interstates are safer for long distance travel.

It's a good thing that C.T. wants to ride along. You might get lonely out there in the mountains with nothing but mountain sheep to keep you company. :lol: :lol:
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 21:31 #606354

• Motor Head
  • User

C.T. wrote: Hey Motor Head, that map you posted takes you about a block from my home in Ione. My KZ is curently down, but the ZRX is good to go if you would like some company. If the timing is right I would love to tag along.

Curtis

Will keep you in mind if or when I ride in that area. At this time there is absolutely no telling, as for one, Toolmaker also would like to move the Flag into CA. So what we need is another KZ relay rider in N CA.
Whats up with your KZ? Big project or just some cobwebs?