TOPIC:

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 13 Sep 2013 22:04 #606358

• Motor Head
  • Motor Head's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Tom, When I look at the map, it looks a bit further. But then I avoid those Slabs like the Plague. So if I got the Flag back here in Bend again, then the route would look more like this to Slayer61's.
goo.gl/maps/yZBjiB)

That looks like an awesome ride. I like that much better than the slab. I should probably spend more time on the secondary roads when I travel and less time on the I system. However when I'm going someplace definite, I want to get there and the interstates are safer for long distance travel.

It's a good thing that C.T. wants to ride along. You might get lonely out there in the mountains with nothing but mountain sheep to keep you company. :lol: :lol:

Tom, when we all get together at the Rally, there will be No Slabs for many miles. Just great riding roads, plenty of twisties, and great scenery. You'll have a blast! Next August, sooner than you think, its mid September already!
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 14 Sep 2013 00:43 #606375

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote:

TomW wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Tom, When I look at the map, it looks a bit further. But then I avoid those Slabs like the Plague. So if I got the Flag back here in Bend again, then the route would look more like this to Slayer61's.
goo.gl/maps/yZBjiB)

That looks like an awesome ride. I like that much better than the slab. I should probably spend more time on the secondary roads when I travel and less time on the I system. However when I'm going someplace definite, I want to get there and the interstates are safer for long distance travel.

It's a good thing that C.T. wants to ride along. You might get lonely out there in the mountains with nothing but mountain sheep to keep you company. :lol: :lol:

Tom, when we all get together at the Rally, there will be No Slabs for many miles. Just great riding roads, plenty of twisties, and great scenery. You'll have a blast! Next August, sooner than you think, its mid September already!

I've been on a good portion of the area roads to the south of the rally site in New Mexico. I'm heading out there in 2 weeks and if the weather allows, I'll ride more of the Colorado roads around there and post some pics and ride reports. Ute Bluff is only 200 miles north of my moms house. Practically in my second back yard. My brother has traveled quite a bit up that way has has taken a lot of pics. He's very good with a camera. I'll post some of his pics and mine when I get there. I suppose you've been around there a bit yourself since you lived in the 'Springs. I can't wait. :woohoo:
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 14 Sep 2013 11:40 #606395

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
Schuss, let me know when you have it and I'll figure out how/when to come for it.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 15 Sep 2013 02:16 #606482

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

toolmaker wrote: Schuss, let me know when you have it and I'll figure out how/when to come for it.

Just talked to Killian, unfortunately he's not going to be bringing the flag to BC, just too many things with his bike going wrong. I feel bad for him, that's no fun.

So toolmaker, it's on! I have a flight to catch tmrw afternoon or I would suggest we hit the road immediately, but both days next weekend are set aside, 21st-22nd, to meet you. Let's figure out a good spot for a photo and meet there. B)

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 15 Sep 2013 02:17 #606483

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
I am absolutely crushed. I can't do it. I rebuilt my carbs again. They're beautiful. I went over the bike from top to bottom. Should've been great. Ran fine the last time I fired it up.

Dead bike tonight. I started to get into the wiring and stuff started crumbling when I touched it.

I'm really sorry that I held you guys up. I even got more travel insurance for this weekend. Have a great ride. I hope I'll see you guys at Four Corners next year. I'm gonna go shove my head in a bottle of rum now.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 15 Sep 2013 02:33 #606486

• Motor Head
  • User
Thats to bad Killman. Hope the Rum is tasty. You can get the bike going at your own pace for another time, instead of when your so busy with training/ work. If you have wiring issues and need help, start a thread when you need to and you'll get some help with it. ;)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 15 Sep 2013 12:06 #606524

• toolmaker
  • User

schuss wrote:

toolmaker wrote: Schuss, let me know when you have it and I'll figure out how/when to come for it.

Just talked to Killian, unfortunately he's not going to be bringing the flag to BC, just too many things with his bike going wrong. I feel bad for him, that's no fun.

So toolmaker, it's on! I have a flight to catch tmrw afternoon or I would suggest we hit the road immediately, but both days next weekend are set aside, 21st-22nd, to meet you. Let's figure out a good spot for a photo and meet there. B)

The weather next weekend looks a little sketchy, but not too bad. How far do you want to ride?
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 15 Sep 2013 13:15 #606528

• Gary - K7GLD
  • User
  • 1983 1100LTD
  • Thank you received: 17
DUNNO about the rest of the Pacific NW - but weather here in eastern Oregon is rapidly shifting into Fall mode, with early Winter not far behind. The sooner the flag heads south, the better...
John Day area - Eastern Oregon
Restored 1983 Kawasaki 1100LTD

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 16 Sep 2013 02:25 #606642

• schuss
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

toolmaker wrote:

schuss wrote:

The weather next weekend looks a little sketchy, but not too bad. How far do you want to ride?

I was thinking of coming around the Mt Rainier loop (hwy 7), maybe meet you in Lewis & Clark state park near Hwy 12. You could come up Hwy 30 to avoid the freeway. I haven't been down there before but It's in the middle of a huge old growth forest and should be pretty spectacular.

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 16 Sep 2013 08:42 #606650

• toolmaker
  • User
Sounds good to me, but I don't see highway 30 on my map. Want to try for Saturday?

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 16 Sep 2013 08:44 #606651

• toolmaker
  • User

Gary - K7GLD wrote: DUNNO about the rest of the Pacific NW - but weather here in eastern Oregon is rapidly shifting into Fall mode, with early Winter not far behind. The sooner the flag heads south, the better...

This weekend we had showers with occasional thunder showers here. :(

KZR North American Relay Ride North West Leg NOW ! 16 Sep 2013 09:05 #606652

• Motor Head
  • User

toolmaker wrote: Sounds good to me, but I don't see highway 30 on my map. Want to try for Saturday?

Something like this I would think would be a decant ride with almost no slab riding.
goo.gl/maps/PYdaX