A year since my last update! Lots been done since.
- Ignition points and condensers replaced, timing set
- rebuilt front caliper
- replaced handlebar, redid wiring to switches
- replaced turn signals, rear tail and modified rear fender
- replaced throttle cables
- float heights adjusted
- carbs synchronized
- replaced carb holders/boots
- cleaned out rusty tank with vinegar for 2 days
- repainted tank, rear tail, side panels
- new tires and tubes
She took a few tries but she finally passed the safety inspection a couple days ago! I had to fix the caliper because it was sticking, and the carbs were off because it would bog at weird times. So that's when I decided to replace the boots to avoid any air leaks. Then I realized rust was clogging up my fuel line so I replaced the line, cleaned the filter, cleaned the petcock, and performed rust removal in the tank. After all this, she runs great I'm at about 1.5 turns out on my idle screw. Still running with the NGK BR7ES plugs because there's no other choice and they seem to work great.
Here's how she looks now!
'77 KZ650B1 in progress...
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, DOHC, KZJOE900, KZNinja