• Page:

TOPIC:

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 13:49 #112391

• Heresies K. Intruder
  • Heresies K. Intruder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm not really a new guy, but haven't posted in at least a year or two since selling my KZ550 LTD. I never got much use out of that one, but I've decided to get another bike and I'm taking the BRC in spring. In the mean time, I found someone who may have a KZ750 4 cyl for sale. I know it's really hard to judge a value for a bike without seeing it or knowing much about it, but I'm trying to come up with a figure for how much I want to spend. Here's what I'm told: it has always been stored indoors, cosmetically really nice, runs well with all but may have a vacuum leak somewhere (idles high after revving it) and needs a new front tire. Assuming the bike is overall solid (and I'll know that once I see it in person) what would you think would be a good starting point for haggling on something like this? I know, a loaded question that's hard to answer with my limited info, but what would a KZ750 4 cyl generally sell for? If it matters, I'm in Omaha, NE. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 13:59 #112397

• Draco
  • User
Do you know the year/model?
I paid $1000 for mine last May.
80 KZ750E, 8,000 original miles, always kept indoors, great condition.

BTW bike prices are insane around here, I talked the guy down from $1800!

Post edited by: Draco, at: 2007/02/14 17:06
Attachments:

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 14:02 #112398

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
It's hard to know how much exactly. I got a good deal on mine, I think, maybe, I hope... You're in the right place for some really good feedback. You might try checking what they are going for on ebay. There are so many variables. Since I'm new to this kinda thing I probably need to let some of the other guys help you.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 14:03 #112399

• Heresies K. Intruder
  • User
Don't know the year; early '80s. It's a KZ750, probably LTD, definitely a four cylinder.

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 14:29 #112405

• KZErider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Yeah, Josh, I don't know if it's just the time of the year or what, but it seems like the asking price has really gone up lately. You don't even want to know what they're asking for a low miles, tip-top KZ down here in the DFW area.
81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 16:23 #112424

• Heresies K. Intruder
  • User
Thanks for the help; here's a more concrete question for you: How does the KZ750 LTD compare with the KZ550 LTD in terms of size/power/ease of use?

Yeah, it does seem prices have gone up. I paid $750 for my old KZ550 LTD in 2004, and I thought that was generous. I saw a KZ550 LTD in worse shape than mine was go for $910 on Ebay. I also saw a nice KZ650 CSR go for $1300; both of these were local. I'm thinking of starting at $700, and haggling from there. I would go max about $1200, and that's if it's in really, really good shape. More than that, and I may as well keep looking. I have two months before I take the BRC, anyway, so I have time.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep posted on what happens.

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 16:52 #112434

• tganek
  • Visitor
Heresies K. Intruder wrote:

Thanks for the help; here's a more concrete question for you: How does the KZ750 LTD compare with the KZ550 LTD in terms of size/power/ease of use?

Bigger, more, easy.

The 750 ltd fours are heavy, around 450lbs or more. The stock bars suck. Great bike for straight lines and long weekends.

They will eat Ninjas and other new smaller displacement bikes no problem. They are as fast as the kz900 till top end.

They are bulletproof. Virtually indestructible. Ride, keep tires filled, change oil, clean, lube, and tighten chain, ride. Or just ride. Make sure battery ground is secure or the wiring harness will melt. Might want to replace the shifter rod, or don't drag race. It will outrun cops but not radios. Clean carbs early spring and check fork seals and filter.

There are tons of 750ltds around. No need to pay top dollar unless you want to.

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 17:29 #112449

• wireman
  • Visitor

Hello everyone,

I'm not really a new guy, but haven't posted in at least a year or two since selling my KZ550 LTD. I never got much use out of that one, but I've decided to get another bike and I'm taking the BRC in spring. In the mean time, I found someone who may have a KZ750 4 cyl for sale. I know it's really hard to judge a value for a bike without seeing it or knowing much about it, but I'm trying to come up with a figure for how much I want to spend. Here's what I'm told: it has always been stored indoors, cosmetically really nice, runs well with all but may have a vacuum leak somewhere (idles high after revving it) and needs a new front tire. Assuming the bike is overall solid (and I'll know that once I see it in person) what would you think would be a good starting point for haggling on something like this? I know, a loaded question that's hard to answer with my limited info, but what would a KZ750 4 cyl generally sell for? If it matters, I'm in Omaha, NE. Thanks.

Omaha ne?what part of town?;)

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 17:54 #112455

• kztee
  • User
  • TeeRoy
I paid $765 for my 80 750 LTD last summer and it runs great. Rode it home and all last summer without any problems. I've heard that $1 per CC is a good starting point
1977 KZ 1000A - Currently rebuilding
1980 KZ 750 LTD - Mostly stock daily rider
1979 KZ 1000 LTD - Parts bike and/or future project
1979 KZ 1000 ST
1980 GS 750 L
2003 ZRX 1200 R

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 18:03 #112457

• Heresies K. Intruder
  • User
Have something for sale?

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 18:14 #112460

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 432
tganek is right on the money with his description. They are a great solid bulletproof bike.
I would think that if in good condition you would be looking at $750 - $850. In addition to the front tire if you find you need a rear one and maybe a chain - which I did - then that will set you back another few $.
A vacuum leak should be an easy fix.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Considering a KZ750 14 Feb 2007 18:55 #112465

• wireman
  • Visitor

Have something for sale?

no,just figured if you needed help looking at something here locally i could give you a hand if you need it;)

• Page: