Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1980 KZ 750 E Gas Tank 06 Oct 2018 00:44 #791905

• J Lyon
  • J Lyon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I bought a 1980 KZ750E and I was wondering what other model KZ Gas tanks would fit? I was thinking the LTD would work but I don’t want to buy a gas tank and it doesn’t fit securely. I bought a KZ750 Twin tank but there seems to be a pin twards the seat side of the tank that contacts the frame. Are there websites that sell good quality Universal tanks that would fit? Thank you for any and all help!
79' KZ 650 C - Sold
80’ KZ 750 E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 KZ 750 E Gas Tank 06 Oct 2018 05:58 #791910

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Someone here on KZR reported that a 750E fuel tank fits the 750H Ltd, so it should work the other way, putting the Ltd tank on the 750E. The Ltd tank is about a gallon smaller. For future reference: with the E tank on the Ltd, the Ltd triple tree bangs against it. this shouldn't be a problem for the 750E w Ltd fuel tank.

There was a recent bad fuel tank topic in which a 750E tank was offered for sale. maybe it's still available.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

1980 KZ 750 E Gas Tank 06 Oct 2018 08:35 #791925

• Daftrusty
  • User
  • Thank you received: 184
As of typing composing this reply, the other member has not replied to my offer to sell the tank, so it is still for sale.
I stripped off the botched paint job all the way down to bare metal to find absolutely no dents or bondo. But whom ever painted the tank before I bought the bike used an aggressive flap wheel to sand the factory paint off and left deep sanding marks all over the tank. So I gave it a coat of metal etching primer and a single coat of filler primer that totally covered all but the deepest of scratches. It needs a lot more sanding and primer, but we have already gotten snow flurries up here, so my garage is too cold to apply more primer to get it perfect.
The inside is full of 30+ years of gas shmutz but no serious rust spots of any kind and the paint never showed signs of pinhole leaks.
It does come with the fuel level sensor and petcock, but both need new gaskets to be leak free. The gas cap is also included.
I am asking $60 + shipping.
Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments:

1980 KZ 750 E Gas Tank 06 Oct 2018 17:31 #791942

• J Lyon
  • J Lyon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am interested! I’m in Atlanta, Georgia how much do you think the shipping would be? If you want to PM me with more details that works! I can send the money as early as tomorrow!
79' KZ 650 C - Sold
80’ KZ 750 E

• Page: