Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What rattle can most closely matches stock frame paint? 03 May 2006 16:24 #44888

• Trav
  • Trav's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
For doing touch-ups and such, when I ground things off or remove rust and prime/paint? I plan on stripping it to the frame some winter and doing it right, but I want to cover up any bare metal and make it somewhat blend in for the time being.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What rattle can most closely matches stock frame paint? 04 May 2006 05:58 #44999

• vic44139
  • User
Well, here is what I used a couple of times for some touch up: Rust-Oleum, gloss protective enamel, black v7779. I am no major paint expert but I would defy anyone to find the spots where I used it and didn't. Was a perfect match for me.

If I ever was to redo the entire frame stripped down, I would go with anything other then factory black. Don't matter what color I have seen them in, they always look good.

What rattle can most closely matches stock frame paint? 05 May 2006 09:28 #45276

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I did some frame touch up this spring using Tremclad gloss black enamel. It blended right in and looks original.

What rattle can most closely matches stock frame paint? 05 May 2006 12:14 #45301

• wireman
  • Visitor
vic44139 wrote:

Well, here is what I used a couple of times for some touch up: Rust-Oleum, gloss protective enamel, black v7779. I am no major paint expert but I would defy anyone to find the spots where I used it and didn't. Was a perfect match for me.

If I ever was to redo the entire frame stripped down, I would go with anything other then factory black. Don't matter what color I have seen them in, they always look good.

:P amen !!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

What rattle can most closely matches stock frame paint? 05 May 2006 20:22 #45408

• vic44139
  • User
See, Wireman's bike is a great example of painting the frame other than black. It's awesome and looks very modern.B)

• Page: