• Page:

TOPIC:

vetter fairings for kz... 03 May 2006 10:01 #44798

• KZnannerz
  • KZnannerz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey er'body,

ime new to the forum...love this site! i recently lucked out and got a kz250 (don't know the year yet) for free! :woohoo:

my friend will get back w/me on the particulars. ive seen the bike. it's in very good condition...runs well...although she said i may want to get it serviced (of course!)...

my question is where do i find touring fairings for this kz? where do i looke for any accessories? ive been looking on the net but, very hard to find anything concrete.

if anyone can direct me to the sites any kz nut needs to know i would be forever beholdin'.

luv the bikes on this site. such talented people with great passion and creativity. i know ime in with good people.;)

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

vetter fairings for kz... 03 May 2006 10:43 #44812

• mariozappa
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
You'll find most Vetter fairings on Ebay.
They don't make them any more. But you can still find windshields and such for them at on line stores.
All accessory parts you can find at www.craigvetter.com

Post edited by: mariozappa, at: 2006/05/03 14:10
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

vetter fairings for kz... 03 May 2006 11:23 #44820

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
The big Vetter (Windjammer/etc) would be a little large for your KZ250, try searching for a Vetter Quicksilver, it's a frame mount fairing made for the smaller bikes.
The chances of finding a mounting bracket for your bike are pretty slim, you will probably have to modify some other mounting bracket (off a different bike) to fit yours, bit of a PITA, but you can't buy the mounting brackets anymore.

Take a look at the handlebar mounted clear fairings, a whole lot less weight, a lot easier to install, and cheaper, while providing almost as much wind protection :)

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/05/03 14:28
KD9JUR

vetter fairings for kz... 05 May 2006 09:05 #45271

• vic44139
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
You might just want to consider rolling with a windscreen. Would be much easier (generic) to mount and does a nice job of protecting you.;)

• Page: