Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

questionsfor painters on touch-up/clearcoat 22 Apr 2006 12:00 #41666

• ewc
  • ewc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The bodywork on my bike is painted gloss black. There are a few minor nicks/scratches that go through the paint to metal on the tank but no rust. There is some abrasion on the tail piece from the seat that has worn off the paint. In addition there are LOTS of light scratches/swirl marks. I have no desire to try and fix this myself even with the good advice I have read here. So the questions

Is it acceptable to walk in to an auto painter and ask to have the scratches/nicks that go through the clearcoat touched up and then have a couple of clear coat layers redone?

Or are they going to laugh and say it needs to be all redone?

If it is ok just to touchup and redo the clearcoat, will the cost be over half of having the whole thing redone so maybe I am better off going all the way?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

E

Post edited by: ewc, at: 2006/04/22 15:01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

questionsfor painters on touch-up/clearcoat 22 Apr 2006 13:24 #41680

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
naturally any bodyshop is going to suggest a complete repaint but it can be done. id staw away from maaco and ding kings. find a smaller local shop.they will be more likely to accomodate your situation and probably be cheaper.

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

questionsfor painters on touch-up/clearcoat 22 Apr 2006 17:28 #41715

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
If it's clear coated you should have no problem touching up the black and re-clearing the parts.
Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

• Page: