Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

82 Spectre with new paint 06 Apr 2006 22:09 #37450

• Werewolfx
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like you've got a project with potential, and it doesn't even look bad as a "before".

Everything I've painted has had some horrid orange peel if I didn't wet sand every color and clear coat, but not much of it has been metallic (and all of it has been rattle can)..The stuff I painted my side covers and will eventually paint my tank with has a metallic base, Shimrins Kandys..white metallic base, then a semi-translucent color (apple red for mine), then the clear. The side covers turned out fairly well, I haven't painted the tank yet, but I'm figuring I might do it this summer at some point when I'm working on somthing else on the bike..maybe polishing all the aluminum a bit better.
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

82 Spectre with new paint 07 Apr 2006 08:10 #37550

• KL250
  • User
avoiding a heavy film build helps lots to avoid orange peel. have fun getting you tank to match your side covers

82 Spectre with new paint 07 Apr 2006 12:48 #37607

• ratmeister
  • ratmeister's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I just took my new 650 for a spin and mad does she run good! The spectre was faster, but this bike feels alot more "peppy" and easier to turn. For me it is alot more fun to drive. I always felt intimidated by the Spectre, but not this one.

I removed the baffle from the exhaust and now its nice and loud too. It sounded a bit tame with the baffle in. I have never seen an exhaust like this one, it runs 3" from the header to the end. Anyone know what manufacture it might be?

I am now in the process of changing the tail section. I will move the plate and change the lights. I will start a new thread soon for the new project. Thansk all for the paint advice and the compliments on my Spectre, I think Matt (Ten6) will be happy with it!

82 Spectre with new paint 07 Apr 2006 20:33 #37730

• ten6
  • User
I can tell you the Spectre has a good home. I will be making some minor changes but I like it SO much it will mostly be the same. I have to add a baffle to the pipe...I think I might give it another wet sand in a few weeks and some proper House of Kolor clear. I don't think I should have any compatibility issues with the clear but I will check with the body shop before I have it done. I hope to get some good info on the jetting and will be working on that soon. B)
Michigan City, Indiana
Firefighter MCFD IAFF Local #475
(3) KZ650s (1) 1996 Vulcan 1500A (1) 1978 KZ1000 (1) 1986 Yamaha Radian 600
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4
1960 Chevy Bel-Air

82 Spectre with new paint 08 Apr 2006 08:01 #37810

• creedmiller
  • User
that's a yosh pipe very nice probably the best out there.very cool 650 nice rear shocks and looks like a nice custom seat.looks like a good trade to me.

82 Spectre with new paint 08 Apr 2006 20:04 #37948

• ten6
  • User
I think we are both pretty happy with it. I am working with Rob to make sure he gets any kinks worked out. We only live about 20 mins away from each other so it should work out well. ;)
Michigan City, Indiana
Firefighter MCFD IAFF Local #475
(3) KZ650s (1) 1996 Vulcan 1500A (1) 1978 KZ1000 (1) 1986 Yamaha Radian 600
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4
1960 Chevy Bel-Air

82 Spectre with new paint 13 Apr 2006 18:51 #39327

• GP550kz
  • User
Dude I'm giving you the crown.You are the krylon king.That is the best can job i've ever seen,and I have spray painted a lot of stuff.

• Page: