Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

gonna do a color change 19 Mar 2006 19:47 #32682

• dan76kz900
  • dan76kz900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, I've started dismantling my bike tonight.. I've been wanting to change the color of my bike. I'm tired of the yellow. My plans are to strip it down to the frame and repaint it, and re wire the whole bike. I hope it goes well, tomorrow is the first day of spring ! I want this done right away and get it back on the road !(never works out that way ?).

I have 2 ideas for color:

Black frame, and black body work - tank, side cover, tail piece.

Metallic gray frame, something not so dark blue metallic body work with pearl maybe or something.

My only big problem so far is the seat. It has a yellow section in the cover. Any idea how to change the color ? possibly paint it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gonna do a color change 19 Mar 2006 21:08 #32708

• wireman
  • Visitor
i wonder if it could be dyed or is the yellow too bright for that?today im thinking dark blue for my frame and white or some kind yellow for bodywork.or some kind of dark green matallic for frame and bodywork.ill know for sure what color im going with just as soon as its painted!bwahaha:whistle: goodluck,happy wrenching!

gonna do a color change 19 Mar 2006 21:09 #32709

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
Seat .. take it to a seat shop and only have the panel replaced ,, Might think of Black this time in case you repaint the bike again one day

gonna do a color change 20 Mar 2006 05:07 #32751

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
vinyl paint works pretty good ive used it on car seats to go from beige to dark blue still looked good after a year
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

gonna do a color change 20 Mar 2006 09:19 #32804

• dan76kz900
  • dan76kz900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
shoe48: that would be the ideal solution, and yeah going with black will prevent future problems :)

btchalie: Your solution sounds cheaper.. I might go this way.. where do u get vinyal paint, and how do u know what to buy/use ?

wireman: too bad you arent color blind - you'd have no problem figuring out what colors to use. :woohoo:

gonna do a color change 20 Mar 2006 09:37 #32810

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
If Wireman is thinking about using some yellow on his bike, sell your seat to him. Charge him some god awefull high amount and then buy a new Corbin. Use the extra money to go on vacation and then send him pics of you and some bikini clad college girl on the beach. At least that is what I would do.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

gonna do a color change 20 Mar 2006 11:29 #32823

• wireman
  • Visitor
ive already got an ltd seat im getting redone in black leather for mine,that yellow seat is a little too one off for me .

gonna do a color change 20 Mar 2006 16:10 #32902

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
they sell it at autozone and probably walhell(mart) :evil: it sprays on like paint real easy to use
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• Page: