Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to clear up a hazy plexiglass windshield 17 May 2006 21:37 #48155

• agawam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
did you ever see the headlights on some of the older cars, all fogged up, in my shop we fix them, same can be used for your plastic or lexan windshields...we wetsand the lights with 1000,1200 1500 or 2000 grit paper, depending on how bad they are, at anyrate we finish with the 2000 then we buff them with a leveler, this is a compound for clearcoat paint with no grit, the headlights come out brand new... the leveler is made by many companies... Meguires,Hi Temp, Acyra,as well as others..if you can't find them in your area here's a number to call 1 800 537 7797 this is CAR Products and they specialize in polishes and waxes very knowlegable folks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to clear up a hazy plexiglass windshield 18 May 2006 19:36 #48337

• 2bskor
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Go to CarQuest ans ask for a permatex product I believe it is called headlight refinishing kit. You know how dull some of the old Ford Tempos, Volvo, Chryslers get it makes them as clear as glass , as for scratches I'm not sure about that. The kit has different compounds, treatments and fine paper.
1979 KZ1000ST (Canadian) Electronic Ignition, 4 into 1 header,K&N air filter

How to clear up a hazy plexiglass windshield 20 May 2006 08:48 #48669

• TwoCam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 57
MOTHERS Preserves Protectant works well. Even polishes wood furnature. I use it on my helmet, keeps the lense clear and reduces fogging on cool days
Spray it on let it set a few minutes, rub into lense with fingers. Polish with a soft cloth.

If it's real hazy the headlight kit posted above works great.

• Page: