Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

steering bearings, 17 Sep 2006 13:41 #77451

• me109g4
  • me109g4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i have been thinking of changing the steering bearings on my 1980 kz1000 LTD B4 from ball bearings to roller bearings,, does anyone have the roller bearing numbers?or know where i can get the numbers? I have a good bearing shop close by but they cant help me without the numbers. Thanks in advance for the help. JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

steering bearings, 17 Sep 2006 13:58 #77452

• OnkelB
  • User
  • Thank you received: 80
77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

steering bearings, 17 Sep 2006 15:58 #77473

• me109g4
  • me109g4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks for the link, unfortunately that gives me the sellers own part numbers not the actual number on the bearing, which is what i need. Regards, jt

steering bearings, 17 Sep 2006 21:13 #77563

• OnkelB
  • User
  • Thank you received: 80
As far as I know the tapered steering stem bearing sets are bike specific, not industry standard, so you´re not likely to find them outside bike suppliers - I´d love to be proven wrong, especially if you can find them cheaper, but that´s my experience.
77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

steering bearings, 18 Sep 2006 03:58 #77593

• heartless
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
there is a cross reference page on that site that gives the dimensions of each bearing in thier kits...your bearing shop ought to be able to find what you need with the proper dimensions...if they wont they just dont want to.
after amking a note of the kit # for your bike, if you go to the bottom of the page linked to, click "main page", then click on the button for the steering stem bearings, that takes you to a page that lists the different Japanese brands, and has a link for cross-reference...
personally, i didnt think thier prices were too bad...except maybe the ones for the old honda 360...

• Page: