Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

swingarm swap into kz650 06 Sep 2006 13:46 #74903

• bsktlkkr
  • bsktlkkr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
looked thru all i could about this one, picked up a rolling chassis from a 85 ninja 500(?) everythings in good shape and was going to stick the swing arm into my parts 78 kz650, was wondering if anyone had done this or had any info i may not know as to it not working.... thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

swingarm swap into kz650 06 Sep 2006 18:21 #74965

• henrymski
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
The closest I've heard of is the swap of an EX250 into a KZ400. My questions would be why do you want to make this particular swap other than you happen to have the parts? What do you hope to gain by doing it? Do you plan on making it a monoshock or welding tabs on to make it twin shock?

The reason I ask is that I don't see any particular advantage to that swap. The EX is steel also, correct? So you're not going to gain much in weight reduction, I think. Your EX arm may not be up to the task since your Kz is about 30Kg heavier than the EX. Also, I think the stock tire widths are the same so you gain nothing there.

All in all, it doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

swingarm swap into kz650 07 Sep 2006 00:20 #75025

• bsktlkkr
  • bsktlkkr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
yup, basically cuz i have the parts, or access to em... but yeah, your right, too much work for not much of an improvement

swingarm swap into kz650 09 Sep 2006 06:28 #75435

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
which wheel do you like best? if its the ex, see if it will fit the kz arm?, if not, do the swingarm swap.
also if the ex arm is longer, you might find that desirable as well. its your bike, modify it the way you want itB)
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• Page: