Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

77 KZ1000 A1 master cylinder reservoir removal ? 19 Aug 2006 11:33 #70905

• tennacnightman
  • tennacnightman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to take on the task of rebuilding my front master cylinder on my 77 KZ1000 A1 single disc system. I'm having one heck of a time trying to remove the reservoir to remove the plunger/spring.... assy. Any suggestions would help greatly. I'm trying to remove it without damaging the reservoir if possible. My manual does not list a suggested method except taking it to my local Kawi dealer for rebuild. Not related to this item but since where working on the front end what is the recommended tire size for my front 19" spoked rim? Can I use a tubeless radial and of course install a liner and a tube? I have a 3.25/19 on it now and would like to go larger. Appreciate the help, Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

77 KZ1000 A1 master cylinder reservoir removal ? 19 Aug 2006 11:43 #70908

• floridamba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
IIRC you don't have to remove the resovoir to take out the master cylinder plunger.... but there is a spring clip you must remove using a small pick or pair of spring clip pliers...

go to www.buykawasaki.com and select owner info, parts diagram, your model and you will see an exploded view.

77 KZ1000 A1 master cylinder reservoir removal ? 19 Aug 2006 13:58 #70915

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
If you still need to remove the reservoir, there are two little phillips head screws in the bottom that attach it to the main body. That's if it is the trapazoidal shaped cap one anyway.
KD9JUR

77 KZ1000 A1 master cylinder reservoir removal ? 19 Aug 2006 15:10 #70919

• floridamba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I checked buykawasaki.com and I think this one is cast as part of the master cylinder....

77 KZ1000 A1 master cylinder reservoir removal ? 19 Aug 2006 15:50 #70929

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Yep, if that bike has the round cylinder then it is not removable. It does show the 78 KZ1000A2 as not removable also, but I know that's not true :)
KD9JUR

• Page: