Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 14:25 #70032

• Robjb84
  • Robjb84's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Wondering if anyone can tell me where I might find handlebars like the ones on this bike? I mean these arent stock are they? Easy modification?

I also like the idea of painting the mudguards, looks like it turned out pretty nice...

I guess I like the look of my KZ440 but I would prefer something liek the above. I know there isnt a whole lot I can do performance wise so I at least want to change things around to make it stand out some more :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 14:31 #70033

• cnyl
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Kinda hard to tell from that view. Nice bike though.:)
1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 16:06 #70048

• Robjb84
  • User
I jsut linked to a pic in the kzrider galler,y second page on 440s. I think what im after are superbike bars? Will be researching some more

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 16:25 #70056

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Robjb84 wrote:

....I think what im after are superbike bars?....

Superbike bars are usually about 30 inches wide, about a 2 inch rise, and about a 4 inch pullback, give or take a bit. I have them on one of my 750s, alot of ther people use them too.

Remember, when switching to superbike bars, you have to be concerned about the front brake line (might need replacing), the throttle and clutch cables (might need re-routing), and you'll need new grips...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 16:48 #70062

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
You mean like these :)

KD9JUR
Attachments:

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 17:42 #70076

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
They look like superbike bars.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Handlebar type 16 Aug 2006 18:22 #70092

• Robjb84
  • User
Nice looking bike Steele :)

So, with Biquetoasts post in mind, did you go through a lot with the cables and grips to get those handlebars fitted? Because I love the look and would much rather have that than my stock KZ handlebars :/

Handlebar type 17 Aug 2006 03:27 #70169

• steell
  • User
Used stock cables, brake line, and grips, but it's great fun getting the original grips off intact, good thing I have a gorrilla for a nephew :D

Shorter clutch cable would be nice though, it keeps popping up above the bars :(

I don't install them for the "look" I use them because the stock bars make my back hurt after 10 minutes of riding, with the Superbike bars my back never hurts.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/08/17 06:30
KD9JUR

Handlebar type 17 Aug 2006 06:12 #70195

• Robjb84
  • User
steell wrote:

Used stock cables, brake line, and grips, but it's great fun getting the original grips off intact, good thing I have a gorrilla for a nephew :D

Shorter clutch cable would be nice though, it keeps popping up above the bars :(

I don't install them for the "look" I use them because the stock bars make my back hurt after 10 minutes of riding, with the Superbike bars my back never hurts.<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/08/17 06:30

Good to know, would be great if I dont need to get anything other than the bars :)

I am interested in seeing how different bars would feel, the stock KZ bars to me are just weird, even if this is my first bike and I havent gotten used to a different style of bars.

Where did you get em from Steell? Thinking im gonna pick some up ASAP :)

Handlebar type 17 Aug 2006 15:55 #70389

• steell
  • User
I paid to much, others here will tell you where to get them a lot cheaper.

It's Arizona Motorsports or something like that, I can't remember for sure and I have never dealt with them, I heard about them after I had already bought three from another place.
KD9JUR

Handlebar type 30 Aug 2006 05:21 #73366

• bemoore
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
steell wrote:
I don't install them for the "look" I use them because the stock bars make my back hurt after 10 minutes of riding, with the Superbike bars my back never hurts.<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/08/17 06:30[/quote]My back also hurts after about 20 minutes of interstate riding. How much different are these bars compared to stock? They look like they are 3" or so more forward. Do they make interstates more bearable? How do drag bars compare?

Thanks.
77 KZ650C1 w/Kerker 4-1

Handlebar type 30 Aug 2006 06:25 #73375

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
steell wrote:

I paid to much, others here will tell you where to get them a lot cheaper.

It's Arizona Motorsports or something like that, I can't remember for sure and I have never dealt with them, I heard about them after I had already bought three from another place.

UGH! Alas. They went out of business. That's where I got the superbike bars for my 750#1. I tried to get bars from them for my 750#2 just last month and they're gone...

Instead I ended up dealing with a nightmare company on eBay. Check this eBay auction out . I won these bars. Do they look like superbike bars to you? Hard to tell by the pic, but the description is 100% superbike bars. The guy sends me stock-style high bars. He lets me send them back, but then sends me "cafe" bars instead of "superbike" bars AND refuses to refund my return shipping cost! What an ass! So, whatever you do, stay away from this... (insert obscenity here)... at cyclewarehouseonline ...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

• Page: