Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pipe Hits - Too Low - Options? PICTURES 15 Aug 2006 10:49 #69643

• thetemples
  • thetemples's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
solomrus wrote:

that rear brake pedal has been seriously tweeked.

the position of the pivot point has been raised, and moved towards the front of the bike. the right side foot peg has been ground away to clear the pedal.

looks to me like the bike had a sidewinder on it at some point, just from those mods. the pedal will need to be changed again to work with a vance, but one of the other's might clear. as long as it's a sidewinder. -

Man, thats good info. I never would have noticed all that being this is my first KZ. So it sounds like I can get my rear brake issues resolved by possibly going back to a stock pedal and mounting position or is this pedal ok, just reposition it? Where exactly does the pedal need to mount to ? I guess with this arm on it, I am going to have to fabricate a new bracket to put it at the proper location??? Thats not a big deal if I need to... I am thinking more and more that I should just keep this pipe on here for now and replace the fork springs in the bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pipe Hits - Too Low - Options? PICTURES 15 Aug 2006 17:38 #69757

• NickD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey, a local! Good to "meet" you. Nice bike, for sure.

I was wondering if you tried tightening up the rear drum so that the brake grabs sooner. When I got my EX you had to really bear down on the pedal to get any brake at all, and after pulling it apart and messing with it all I realized all I needed to do was adjust the arm and the knuckle that sits on the drum shaft to get the brake lever to grab almost instantly. Maybe that would keep it from hitting the pipe? Barring that the above mentioned mods might make that impossible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.