Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

need a longer swing arm! 31 Jul 2006 22:52 #66258

• lunchbox
  • lunchbox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
well i don't need it, but i'd really like one. i'm starting to get the rest of my bike done that i've been putting off for so long.

what swingarms will bolt on to an 81 kz750e? i'd like to gain a few inches(swing arm, you pervert;) )without cutting and welding. my garage is pretty much the trunk of my wifes car, so something i can swap out in a day is what i'm looking for. i also need to be able to do it in a day because i have no other means of transportation, so i need to be up and running soon. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

lunch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need a longer swing arm! 01 Aug 2006 01:17 #66270

• Johnno
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the KZ1000 swinger two or three inches longer than the KZ750 swingarm? If you want to come by and compare with my bike, feel free! That'd be a cheap improvement and it should be a direct swap.

Otherwise you're probably familiar with the GS1000 swap. I'm almost positive it'll fit into a 750 the same as a 1000, so you'll just need some washers to make it all fit into the frame. The rear wheel will need some spacers, also. I think I remember hearing that you could just take the GS axle spacers and add the KZ spacers, and it'll fit perfect.

need a longer swing arm! 01 Aug 2006 16:45 #66483

• lunchbox
  • lunchbox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
awesome, thanks johnno. i'll try and swing by this week and measure em out.

lunch

need a longer swing arm! 01 Aug 2006 19:31 #66525

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
the one from my 900 is aprox 19 from pivot to axle (18.5+chain addjustment)
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

need a longer swing arm! 01 Aug 2006 22:15 #66560

• wireman
  • Visitor
Johnno wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the KZ1000 swinger two or three inches longer than the KZ750 swingarm? If you want to come by and compare with my bike, feel free! That'd be a cheap improvement and it should be a direct swap.

Otherwise you're probably familiar with the GS1000 swap. I'm almost positive it'll fit into a 750 the same as a 1000, so you'll just need some washers to make it all fit into the frame. The rear wheel will need some spacers, also. I think I remember hearing that you could just take the GS axle spacers and add the KZ spacers, and it'll fit perfect.

thats the gs1100 suzuki,not gs1000.they are getting harder to come by though.;)

• Page: