Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 25 Jul 2006 19:30 #64714

• AzKZ650
  • AzKZ650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally got my new Dunlops and I'd like some advice on where to take the tires to get them mounted. Cycle Empire wants $45 for the rear alone,with me bringing the tire in already off the bike. That seems kinda steep, but I'm lacking in experience here. Don't know if its a bunch of little things like a new tube, valve stem, balancing, etc all adding up ? Guy was kinda hard to understand on the phone. Thanks-Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 26 Jul 2006 07:18 #64809

• cjhansen2
  • Visitor
I usually take my stuff to Don & Roys in Brookfield. Last time I had tires mounted it was on my gsxr and that was $50 to mount, balance, and install new valve stems. Tubes are like 10 to 20 bucks a piece (I have not priced them for a while since my KZ has gsxr wheels on them), but that adds up to almost $90 to mount a pair. Looks like cycle empire may not be too far off.

Josh

1980 KZ1000 bored to 1200, head work, yoshi cams, zrx1200 swingarm and shocks, 92 gsxr usd forks and wheels, corbin seat, schnitz pro-street box, NOS nitrous oxide system with foggers in head, welded crank, custom dash with autometer tach.

West Allis, WI

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 26 Jul 2006 09:24 #64856

• AzKZ650
  • User
Thanks Josh, maybe I'll give D & R's a call and compare, can't hurt.-Brian

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 26 Jul 2006 17:31 #64989

• lowbuck
  • User
The one time I stopped by I couldn't even get someone to acknowledge my existence at Cycle Empire.

Seems like Sportland2 is fairly reasonable, DanOz7Five0 had some tires mounted there I believe. You out there Dan?

You might try the independent shops, D & B discount cycle on Whitnall and Howard, or T&C Motorsports at Hawley and Bluemound.

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 26 Jul 2006 22:56 #65070

• AzKZ650
  • User
lowbuck wrote:

The one time I stopped by I couldn't even get someone to acknowledge my existence at Cycle Empire.

Well I'd have to agree with you on the service. I took my rear tire there, the guy said he's never seen a dunlop 501 which seemed a little weird. The service wasn't "bad" it just really wasn't "good" :blink: . I've been thinking about trying D&B cause its really close to the airport (a.k.a work). I still need to get the front tire done but right now the nuts on the front axle are killing me, I think its gonna be a 2 man job. You know its time to call it a night when you start reaching for the hacksaw and thinking to yourself "I'm sure I can find a new one on ebay" :whistle:

SE WI. Riders I need some advice !!! 27 Jul 2006 04:08 #65088

• vic44139
  • User
Hey AZ, I am in Cleveland, Ohio and the best price I could find with them doing all the work is $70 per tire to mount or 35 if I bring in the rim. I usually pay them to do it all. Good luck.

• Page: