Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wheel compatibility 21 Dec 2023 19:12 #893001

• sleazy_rider
  • sleazy_rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I have a 97 kzp I am looking for a set of spoked wheels for, I found an 82 csr front wheel on eBay, does anyone know if it’s an easy fit? Looking to keep the dual disc brake set up without modification, csr wheel has good rotors. Any info is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wheel compatibility 22 Dec 2023 07:21 #893007

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 260
While I can't answer your question I have a front mag with a Goodyear Eagle tire for the police bike that has never been installed on a bike that I have no use for. If interested make me an offer I can't refuse.

Wheel compatibility 22 Dec 2023 07:34 #893009

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 509
Check out the photos in this thread:
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/616592...00-ltd-and-csr-build

It looks like the CSR wheel uses the older 4-bolt rotor with hub, while the 82 mag wheel uses the larger mounting diameter where the rotor is a flat disk and the hub is integrated into the wheel.  I believe the KZP was largely unchanged between 1982 and the end of production, so the 1982 mag wheels shown in that thread are likely the same as the yours.

The CSR is pretty uncommon so it's hard to find good photos.  It's hard to tell if the fork lowers or brake calipers are the same between the models.  If you got a CSR wheel and the correct brake rotors for that wheel, there is a good chance it would swap in.  But you may just have to take a chance and give it a try, and then tell us if it fits or not.
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
The following user(s) said Thank You: sleazy_rider

• Page: