Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Side Stand and the Stock Exhaust 14 Jul 2006 05:07 #61882

• KB02
  • KB02's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
As I near the end of the work to get my '80 KZ550C Ltd streetable, I have bought a stock exhaust off ebay for the bike. As I was just placing it on the bike to make sure everything was going to be fine, I found the side stand was banging into the stock pipe. I checked out www.buykawasaki.com and noticed that it shows a little rubber stopper on the end of a peg on the back of the side stand.

Well, I've got the peg on the back side of the stand. I need to get that little rubber stopped. But what I'm wondering is: Is this the only thing that that keeps the side stand from denthing in the bottom of the muffler can? How does that rubber stopper not melt when riding? Am I missing something else here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side Stand and the Stock Exhaust 14 Jul 2006 09:53 #61947

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Yep, that rubber bumper rests against the muffler. I don't know why it don't melt, maybe it's the composition of the rubber, but it seems to last for a long time.
KD9JUR

Side Stand and the Stock Exhaust 15 Jul 2006 15:45 #62197

• Werewolfx
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
the stock mufflers don't get *that* hot..hot enough to burn you, for sure, but not hot enough to melt heavy rubber. The other pipes, maybe, but the mufflers themselves stay relatively cool.
Chris

Side Stand and the Stock Exhaust 22 Jul 2006 05:28 #63834

• KB02
  • KB02's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Yup, $18 and two day wai while the part came in and I am back in Business. Thanks all.

• Page: