Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 04 Apr 2023 08:38 #882478

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1789

Hey daveo, might not be worth it with the weight/stupid shipping cost and me up in here in arctic circle of Canada so our corrupt govt will prob hold it at customs or try and charge me. North Korea is starting to look smarter than this place and that is scary. But was going to PM you anyways and when I click on your profile I don't see any email address? I checked mine and it shows but when I check yours there isn't any?

Oh brother.  So much for that idea...

Can't see your email either... 
You can only see your own, if you are both in agreement I can share your emails with each other

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 04 Apr 2023 10:09 #882487

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 633

Hey daveo, might not be worth it with the weight/stupid shipping cost and me up in here in arctic circle of Canada so our corrupt govt will prob hold it at customs or try and charge me. North Korea is starting to look smarter than this place and that is scary. But was going to PM you anyways and when I click on your profile I don't see any email address? I checked mine and it shows but when I check yours there isn't any?

You can only see your own, if you are both in agreement I can share your emails with each other

Thanks Wookie58, but I sense we'd both face more red tape, hassle, and expense than what it's worth.

What's the problem with the PM system anyhow?
1982 KZ1100-A2

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 04 Apr 2023 12:41 #882499

• Wookie58

Thanks Wookie58, but I sense we'd both face more red tape, hassle, and expense than what it's worth.

What's the problem with the PM system anyhow?
I feel you, if Cartal could have found what he needed in Central Europe we would have given up trying to send to him from the UK ('kin brexit")
The PM system is permanently broken but Bill is trailing a replacement currently

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 26 May 2023 23:27 #885258

• mac0239
  • mac0239's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Update for anyone thinking of getting "Progressive Shocks".  I bit the bullet and ordered a new set and my pics show the surprise I got on them right out of the box new. Whoever does the welding left a big blob of weld with the welding wire still attached .  It is jagged and for sure will have to be grinded off and then will rust prob even if I try and paint it.  Am I being picky expecting better than this on a brand new set of what I thought were decent shocks?? I mean I might expect something like this if I ordered some cheap Chinese knockoff but I thought Progressive was a cut above them.  It could be a "one-off" but damn how did this thing get overlooked by welder and paint shop?? If I bought these used and bit beat up for cheap I might be more ok with this, but brand new?? I think the worst part is I emailed Progressive right away and sent pics and after a week they still won't reply.  I mean this isn't "shipping damage" and it is obvious that it left the factory like this so I don't think I am out of line to think that they would be willing to send me a new replacement and I could send them this to show their welders what not to let go out to the customer.  This has become a test for me on if they back up their product and I will keep you posted if they own up to this. I emailed them in past asking questions about some of the models and they replied then. But now all I get is silence.  In meantime it is perfect riding weather here now and the season is short .  If they refuse to deal with this or even acknowledge me I'll make sure I let everyone know that is how they operate. But for now I am hoping this is a situation where they just haven't read my email yet and once they do they will honor their product.  Anyone else get something like this or deal with them over an issue with their projecf2 stay tuned...
Green 79' KZ1000st engine-1075 Wiseco kit, k&n pods, dyna ig & coils, and very old Kerker 4 into 1 pipes
Other project- orig Red 79' KZ1000st engine-stock so far with mystery black 4/1 header TBD
Attachments:

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 27 May 2023 00:52 #885262

• Wookie58
You are right to be unhappy with that, shocking quality of finish

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 27 May 2023 05:52 #885265

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 633

You are right to be unhappy with that, shocking quality of finish

Agreed!  

How did that part even get to the paint department?

If you include the link to this subject thread in your correspondence, then the nice folks at Progressive should immediately understand the significance of your need. 

!
1982 KZ1100-A2

Last edit: by daveo.

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 27 May 2023 06:04 #885266

• TexasKZ
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067
That is disappointing, indeed. 
Perhaps you should try to give them a call.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 27 May 2023 10:27 #885277

• Kelly E
  • User
  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender
  • Thank you received: 305
We've bought two sets of series 12 shocks without any issues. The last set was only 3 months ago. I'd make them send me a new shock and include a prepaid return label for the bad shock.
Stuff happens when employees just don't give a crap like a lot of the current generation. To busy on the phone for trivial things like work. I've got a 20yo like that, it's very frustrating.
The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda Sabre 700
1984 Honda Interceptor 1000
1994 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
And more
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ojisan rider, Wookie58

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 16 Jul 2023 08:57 #887294

• mac0239
  • User
Morning all, just wanted to provide an update on the that shock I received that looked like it was welded on a Friday at 5pm by someone who cared more about "Happy Hour" than finishing their work.  Only fair to share both warnings to others and also kudos when deserved. Anyways I reached out to Progressive Suspension directly. Heard nothing back for like 2 weeks then noticed the email was in my outbox and didn't send, fuck. That delay is all mine. So got it sent and within a couple days I heard back from cust service person who said he would escalate. I had sent them the pics as well to show in full detail.  It got escalated to a girl who managed large accounts who agreed it was totally unacceptable quality and that they hadn't seen anything like it there ever, and it was not Progressive Suspension quality standards.  Said she would rectify this asap but they did not have it in stock so she would check with her distributers, which she did.  It took a week or so but she found a set and they sent them to me free of charges. I checked them over and this set seemed flaw-free so all is good. I thanked her and told her I value them backing up their products more than any other feature, and that I would share this situation with others. Society is quick to spread bad news and publicly attack for smallest things and I am not against public shaming when a all others means have failed to hold someone accountable. But everyone can make a mistake( I know I do) and it is how you react that really matters. So they admitted it and made it right and kept a customer who will promote their product and likely be a repeat customer. So case closed on this one and I just wanted to follow up with the "end of the story" as there are prob quite a few on this forum that use Progressive stuff or are contemplating it. cheers, Steve
Green 79' KZ1000st engine-1075 Wiseco kit, k&n pods, dyna ig & coils, and very old Kerker 4 into 1 pipes
Other project- orig Red 79' KZ1000st engine-stock so far with mystery black 4/1 header TBD
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 16 Jul 2023 09:03 #887295

• mac0239
  • User
BTW, I would also include my impression of first rides with them but I decided to rip engine apart over a seepy head gasket and since I was in there replace Cam chain, rings, valve springs , totally renew the carbs etc etc etc. Trying to get it all back together this weekend and need more hours in a day I think.  Might be another week sadly.  Hoping for a late summer, warm fall to make up for lost time. cheers, Steve

Progressive 12 Series shocks - Spring Rate/Specs (KZ1000 st) 17 Jul 2023 12:15 #887339

• Kelly E
  • User
  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender
  • Thank you received: 305
I ended up getting a set of the 75/120 springs because the 90/130's are just too stiff and it's better for me, Paul hasn't tried it yet. It doesn't have the hard hit on bridge abutments and potholes anymore. Although it is still firm for me on the lowest preload setting.
The service from Progressive was good. I was talking to a guy on the tech line and after he told me that they were out of stock he said that C&J Cycles had a set in stock. I've only done a couple of trips to town so far but I'll be riding it more after I get back on Saturday from a ride on my 94' ZG 1000 Concours.
The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda Sabre 700
1984 Honda Interceptor 1000
1994 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
And more
Attachments:

• Page: