Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Top shock mount extensions.... 06 Jul 2020 02:48 #829903

• racer54
  • racer54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
I bought a rolling chassis that has a GSXR1000 swingarm and rear rim on it. Shock mounts were added to the swingarm so dual shocks were kept. What I'm concerned about though is that the top shock mount was used as usual and now the shocks are angled out to meet the wider width of the GSXR swingarm. The shock is mounted as usual with the standard top shock nut. Along with the angle of the shock, the top of the shock has some space between the frame and nut but don't think it moves because of the angle binds the top on the shock mount. Noticed the tire is extremely close to the shock and I'm surprised the tire doesn't hit the shock spring in the wheel/shock travel. Does anyone know if there is a spacer/mount extension that can be bolted over/on the top shock mount stud to extend it outward to bring the top of the shock out to put the shock more in an upright angle like a stock shock set-up usually is?
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Top shock mount extensions.... 06 Jul 2020 03:18 #829904

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1467
This is what you need.
These are made by a Z1 GB forum member but anyone with access to a lathe should be able to make you some.

z1ownersclub.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?...lit=shock+extensions
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Attachments:

Last edit: by zed1015.

Top shock mount extensions.... 06 Jul 2020 06:04 #829909

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067
If you do not have a local favorite, I suggest contacting Les at PDM. There is a link at the bottom of the page. He is a long time KZR member and has mad skills.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• Page: