Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 04:00 #793076

• ktp1598
  • ktp1598's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a parts website I can go to that will go back further than 1984? I'd like to know what other parts might work for my 81 KZ550-C LTD. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 04:17 #793077

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, ktp1598

Last edit: by TexasKZ.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 05:41 #793082

• ktp1598
  • User
Thanks! That will answer a lot of future questions for me.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 05:47 #793085

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
cmsnl.com is another one, which has photos of some parts, so that can be kind of handy at times.
Partzilla is probably the easiest to use & they have a cross-reference & an eebbaayy store, so they'll have pics as well, albeit only on EB.

You should be able to figure out most of this stuff, but your bike is going to be most similar to the 80-83 550-C Ltd models. Any differences will be minor & the electricals might have some differences. The 550C has the same Fr fender as many 550 & larger 80s models and some 70s KZs, but not the Rr fender. Fuel tanks, side covers & seats can vary and may not be interchangeable between different models. In some cases the only difference between parts is the color: an example is the Rr brake panel which is black on your bike but silver on my 81 650-CSR. otherwise they are identical.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 05:52 #793086

• ktp1598
  • User
Thanks Martin. A good front fender was one of the things I have to find.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 06:40 #793089

• martin_csr
  • User
There are probably dozens of fenders listed on eebbaayy. Be aware that chrome sometimes doesn't photograph well, so bad flaws may not show up in pics. I have a good fender for sale & just now posted an ad on KZR.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 09:35 #793095

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
My Sweetums has the same bike. We bought it cheap (and in disrepair) several years ago and I fixed it up over a winter. Most of the parts came from ebay, but I also ordered from Z1Enterprises. The hardest things to find were the exhaust pipes. There are aftermarket 4/1 pipes available but I wanted originals. I kept watching and eventually bought them one side at a time. When you go on ebay you should look for motorcycle parts and then try for KZ 550 LTD.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 11:59 #793098

• ktp1598
  • User
Right now I'm looking for a front fender, grab rail and engine guards. After that I'll just keep an eye out for parts that are in better condition than what I have. I may have my exhaust ceramic coated bright silver or black. It's in good condition with no dents that I've seen yet though with a bit of rust. Will any model KZ550 exhaust work with mine? Side note, I've got a tall sissy bar backrest in great condition if anyone wants to trade for something I need.

Parts lookup 30 Oct 2018 12:55 #793100

• martin_csr
  • User
By ktp1598: Side note, I've got a tall sissy bar backrest in great condition if anyone wants to trade for something I need.

If you'd like to sell the sissy bar, try contacting Danburkee01. He was looking for one a couple of weeks ago & he probably needs one that mounts to an aftermarket luggage rack.

Parts lookup 31 Oct 2018 05:41 #793136

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098

ktp1598 wrote: Right now I'm looking for a front fender, grab rail and engine guards. After that I'll just keep an eye out for parts that are in better condition than what I have. I may have my exhaust ceramic coated bright silver or black. It's in good condition with no dents that I've seen yet though with a bit of rust. Will any model KZ550 exhaust work with mine? Side note, I've got a tall sissy bar backrest in great condition if anyone wants to trade for something I need.

looking for a front fender, grab rail and engine guards

got a tall sissy bar backrest in great condition if anyone wants to trade

For better exposure, might also consider creating topics for these items in Classifieds "Wanted" and "For Sale" forums.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: ktp1598

Last edit: by Patton.
  • Page: