Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

S&W Shocks 09 Jul 2006 08:15 #60445

• Prune1
  • Prune1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a pair of S&W air shocks which were on my bike when I bought it. I took them off in place for the stock shocks. The S&Ws hold air, and the chrome looks really good. I just dont know if they can perform like progressive or works performance shocks. I would like to have shocks that wouldnt flex. Im not worried about ride comfort too much, just would like to have a shock which performs well. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

S&W Shocks 10 Jul 2006 11:10 #60763

• Lorcan
  • User
  • Speed Loony
  • Thank you received: 59
Back in the day, and I'm talking 20 years ago here, those were the shocks to have. I had a pair on my Z1000J for a while, before I monoshocked it, and they were way better than the stock shocks. Did you try them out?
760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

S&W Shocks 10 Jul 2006 11:48 #60776

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
If you took off S&W air shocks for stock shocks you did yourself a disservice. Stock shocks were pretty much dung right off the showroom floor. Put them back on or get in touch with Progressive they are very helpful.

S&W Shocks 10 Jul 2006 20:43 #60956

• Prune1
  • User
alirght good deal i will give them a try...that will save me a few bucks considering I just backed over a screw right out of my garage! Thanks for the replies!

S&W Shocks 12 Jul 2006 05:39 #61335

• Prune1
  • User
Alright I put on the shocks, now I have no instruction manual with them. What is the maximum pressure? What pressure should they be for normal riding? Is there any way I could get a Y fitting to make the pressure equal in both shocks?

• Page: