Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

76 KZ900 Forks on to a KZ 750 twin 1982 chassis 28 Jun 2006 18:05 #57888

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Sorry, there is probably already a thread, but I only have time to pose this question- and the dude is a member here- the only other one from Alaska! - and his front end is hashed! I have a complete 76 KZ900 triple tree, brakes, rotor, everything, for him to just bolt it on- if it can be bolted directly-

Are the stems and bearings the same?

Will it straight bolt on- or what is the procedure?

He is going to come on here and read this topic- his name is Brian- and he wants as little down time as possible-

right now he is:

Riding without front brake, and forks are hashed! No fluid, no air in them!

So, I am going to let him have the forks off a 76 Chassis I have, with brakes, rotors the whole shmear except electrical.

I am only charging him the shipping Goblin sent me his front end for- i figure more KZrider "pay it forward" stuff- since Goblin did that for me-

Goblin's stuff is still dissassembled in the boxes, so I figure the complete KZ900 front end would be a quicker deal-

AND- He can "bench rebuild" the front forks- AND- I can make copies of my FSM I have on CD for him to do it!

So help a brutha out with this one please-

and do you need more info?
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

76 KZ900 Forks on to a KZ 750 twin 1982 chassis 28 Jun 2006 21:49 #57965

• agawam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
the forks should slip right into his triple tree they both should be 36mm dia......as far as the harley guys comment don't they ride "fatboys" what would their friends say about that

76 KZ900 Forks on to a KZ 750 twin 1982 chassis 28 Jun 2006 23:21 #57976

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Same diatemter forks? how cool is that- he just needs to rebuild them then- his trail will change slightly- because on his forks, it has the axle nut kinda to the front of the fork- unlike the 76, that has the axle nut dead center- maybe should use a 76 rim and brake? Specially since I have caliper and rotor!

Post edited by: CruisingRam, at: 2006/06/29 02:21
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

• Page: