Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shocks??? 11 Jun 2006 10:41 #53681

• Wizzard
  • Wizzard's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ineed heavy duty shocks for my KZ 1000 with myself and my wife on the bike the shocks wont hold up and botoms out alot. What kind of shocks can I use to stop this and does anybody know where I can get some?? Thanks for any help.

WIZZARD!!B)
1977 KZ 1000
4-1 Headder
K&N filter
530 Chain & Sprokets
Rear Air Shocks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shocks??? 11 Jun 2006 11:13 #53687

• Johnno
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Wizzard-

If you're looking for new shocks, a popular choice for our rides is Progressive Suspension. They don't list many KZ's on their site, but I believe a lot of our members have gotten good results from just calling them up and asking about a set for KZs. Just mention what problem your having, and they'll be able to make suggestions.

www.progressivesuspension.com

Otherwise, a cheaper alternative is to hit up eBay for a set of Harley Sportster take-offs. This is a good choice if you think your shocks are just tired and worn out. The Sportster is about the same weight as the 1000. A lot of owners will take of the stock ones which are the same height as our stockers, 13.5", and put on shorter ones to lower them. Then they eBay the originals for cheap! A set of new shocks will almost for sure perform better on our bikes than the 25 year old set if you've still got the originals.

Take care,
-John

Post edited by: Johnno, at: 2006/06/12 00:48

Shocks??? 11 Jun 2006 17:06 #53758

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Yup! I agree. One of the first things I do is get some progressive front springs then I get in touch with them and get some backs. Just me riding a bike is like 2 up so I get the heavys. They are always very helpful.B)

ohoh do I detect a picture coming......:dry: :whistle:

Shocks??? 11 Jun 2006 20:17 #53795

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
ambergrismooon wrote:

ohoh do I detect a picture coming......:dry: :whistle:

And Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

it is! ;)
Attachments:

Shocks??? 12 Jun 2006 05:03 #53850

• wireman
  • Visitor
is that you grisnac?you know in that picture you look a lot like carnac:whistle:

Shocks??? 12 Jun 2006 11:52 #53966

• Wizzard
  • Wizzard's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks guys I,ll look in to thoes progresive shocks for the rear my front does ride bad at all but the back sucks.

Thanks
Wizzard!!B)
1977 KZ 1000
4-1 Headder
K&N filter
530 Chain & Sprokets
Rear Air Shocks

Shocks??? 12 Jun 2006 12:16 #53972

• jenshhj
  • User
Progressive do a heavy duty spring that fit the standard shocks. I like 'em 'cause you can go two up with luggage, but it's probably not the best spring for solo rides, then again, the standard (lowest cost) Progressive shock option is not that responsive a shock but ok for general road use. If you want to corner and accelerate hard then you might ahve to spend more money elsewhere.... at least that's what I'm thinking.

Shocks??? 12 Jun 2006 12:50 #53981

• waterman
  • User
As far as the sporty shocks, I just took them off of my bike because I kept scraping the centerstand when I would hit a bump or dip on a corner. I think it was more an issue of the fact that installing the Harley shocks dropped the back end of my bike. The nice thing about Progressives is that they are roughly the same length as the stock KZ shocks and you can get your choice of springs.

• Page: