Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

swing arm measurements 11 Jun 2006 08:47 #53655

• BigBlockT
  • BigBlockT's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
does any one know the pivot point measurements of these swingarms looking to swap into a z1 "2000 or newer zx6r,636,gsxr 600" as these are pretty straight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

swing arm measurements 12 Jun 2006 02:43 #53837

• gpzrox
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I believe that the GSXR stuff is almost a direct swap into a GPZ, and I just happen to have a GPZ swingarm around, just a minute so I can make sure of the numbers:
yep, tape reads 9".

So I bet the GSXR is very close to that number, I'm sure a seller would have a tape around to let you know.

Now on something that involved, if I were doing the job, I would measure the Z1 swingarm myself to be completely sure of my measurements. Your gonna want to pull the swingarm anyway eventually, and it couldn't hurt to grease the arm bearings.

There are also some posts in the archives. And if your arm measures 9", then I can direct you to some other sites that go into detail much like in the archives.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

swing arm measurements 12 Jun 2006 04:34 #53844

• wireman
  • Visitor
z1 should be around 9 1/4" depending on who you ask.;)

• Page: