Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where can I buy brand new sprockets, chain etc. 08 Jun 2006 13:00 #53009

• elcid
  • elcid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I need a new sprocket for my rear kz440 16 inch mag wheel. I also need a chain. I may need other misc parts like brake arm lever, brake rod, etc. I am rebuilding the whole thing into a bobber show bike & want all new or like new parts! Can I go down to my kawasaki dealer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where can I buy brand new sprockets, chain etc. 08 Jun 2006 13:17 #53017

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Local Kawasaki dealer? Naw! He can proberbly stick his hand in your pocket from there! You can do alot better with Z1enterprises.com or Dennis Kirk or half a dozen other outlets. Check around the hunt is half the fun! Things that don't show look for on e-bay. Use dealer as last resort. At least the dealers we have around here pretty much only wanna sell you that new bike or just work on bikes 5 years old or newer. Part prices are as outrageous as their labor rates.:angry:
Better to do it yourself and then you know it's done right. Then spend what you saved on boat drinks!

Where can I buy brand new sprockets, chain etc. 08 Jun 2006 13:22 #53018

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Dennis Kirk used to sell Sunstar sprockets which as far as I can tell are identical to the oe Kawasaki part at much lower price. I'm not sure if they still sell them or not. There are lots of sprockets available, but most are too ugly to even think of using, being just a flat piece of steel, sometimes even colored wrong. Dennis Kirk is not all that great on prices sometimes, but have decent products.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Where can I buy brand new sprockets, chain etc. 08 Jun 2006 13:28 #53020

• elcid
  • elcid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I called JT & they have them but in the star pattern. I am looking for the stock design of the circles pattern. I know it may seem trivial to most but the fit & finish is very important in our design. We want to match the cicular pattern with the same on the front brake. So Kawasaki does sell this stuff?

• Page: