Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lower my 650? 14 Jun 2006 12:51 #54501

• securitygeek
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
opositive wrote:

HEY YOU COULD TRY TO SIMPLY GRIND OFF A TURN OR TWO FROM THE SPRINGS I DID THIS AND IT WORKED GREAT MY BIKE SITS VERY LOW, DOESNT BOTTOM OUT AND RIDES NICE. I REC YOU GO SLOW WITH LIKE HLF A TURN AT A TIME AND RIDE A BUNCH TILL YOU GET IT RIGHT...YOU COULD ALSO DO THIS WITH THE HD SHOCKS...

Do you mean that you took off the stock shocks, cut a chunk off of the spring and then put it back on? Just trying to get the right picture in my head. This would obviously keep the same damping rating of the shock, was there any trouble with travel length?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lower my 650? 14 Jun 2006 13:05 #54504

• securitygeek
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
sorry, darn back button!!!

Post edited by: securitygeek, at: 2006/06/14 16:06

Lower my 650? 15 Jun 2006 16:00 #54733

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
securitygeek wrote:

opositive wrote:

HEY YOU COULD TRY TO SIMPLY GRIND OFF A TURN OR TWO FROM THE SPRINGS I DID THIS AND IT WORKED GREAT MY BIKE SITS VERY LOW, DOESNT BOTTOM OUT AND RIDES NICE. I REC YOU GO SLOW WITH LIKE HLF A TURN AT A TIME AND RIDE A BUNCH TILL YOU GET IT RIGHT...YOU COULD ALSO DO THIS WITH THE HD SHOCKS...

Do you mean that you took off the stock shocks, cut a chunk off of the spring and then put it back on? Just trying to get the right picture in my head. This would obviously keep the same damping rating of the shock, was there any trouble with travel length?

they to that to make low rider cars a lot, its just a bit cheaper than getting new springs the right(new) length:lol: , i have seen them "torch the springs" too, they simply heat up a section (still on the car) till it starts to bend under the weight, and stays in the new lower position. both ways are easy and cheap, but not quite as good as the correct shorter springs, and if you ever want to go back to stock, you need to find new springs......
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• Page: