Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1979 LTD KZ1000 Motor Mount Problem 14 May 2006 12:35 #47194

• agrant6
  • agrant6's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I'm switching parts form a non-title 1980 KZ1000 LTD Frame to a titled 1979 LTD KZ1000 frame. Everything was going great until I came to the upper right rear motor mount. The right side motor mount and side cover mount didn't come with the 79 frame. I figured both years were the same but it is apparently not.

The lower right side cover mount and the cross bar that the battery box mounts to are different as well as the way the master cylinder mounts to the frame. I'm having trouble attaching pictures so I and can email them to you if needed. The 80 frame has a bolt on a pad to mount the lower right side cover grommet and the 79 does not. I researched on BuyKawaski and Thrifty Rider parts diagrams and it didn't show the details of the mount.

If anyone has a 1979 LTD 1000 I would appreciate some pictures of the mounting and/or parts I need. Also if you do have spares of the parts that will fix my problem, I will gladly pay for the parts and shipping. Thanks for any help, it's just frustrating to me now that I can't bolt the motor in.

Post edited by: agrant6, at: 2006/05/14 15:38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1979 LTD KZ1000 Motor Mount Problem 16 May 2006 17:11 #47818

• agrant6
  • agrant6's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to give a special thanks to a fellow KZRider member Duncan. He sent me some nice detailed pictures from his nice and clean looking 1979 KZ1000 LTD. So what was the problem or difference between the 79 and 80 LTD models........ The 1980 model switched over to the new style Master Cylinder with the remote reservoir and the 79 had the single piece unit.. Also with this change came with a total rework of the right side motor mount, cross member and lower side cover grommet holder. I was fortunate to have a one piece Master Cylinder laying around and searching through my 100 pounds of miscellaneous parts box I came across the proper grommet holder. The 79 right side motor mount bracket was miraculously still at the dealer for about 15 bucks. All is good now with no more head scratching. The engine will be in the frame tomorrow. Thanks again Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: