Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flipped gauges and other stuff 06 May 2006 18:26 #45582

• DanOz7Five0
  • DanOz7Five0's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally flipped my gauges today. It went as I had expected. When mounting the gauges below the top triple I decided to grind the bottom of the triple to match the angle that the gauges needed to set at. Then I cut the studs off (went pretty easy with a sawzall) drilled the through holes and put stainless allenhead socket screws through with washers top and bottom and nylock washers below.

I also swapped my front turn signals with some smaller ones that I found in a boneyard awhile back, and put different ones on in the rear also, bought the other bar end mirror and put a new tire on the front.

When I put my speedo cable back on I decided that the old one was way to long now so I ran out to the dealer to seeif they could find one 6" shorter, without knowing what bike it should be off of. The first guy at parts thought I was nuts and didnt want to take a few minutes to look in back, so I grumbled away from the desk, looked to see if I could get an idea from the showroom floor. Then I went back to the desk and got the other parts guy to listen to what I wanted, and he took my old cable in back and compared them to others and found me what I wanted. The nut at the bottom is slightly bigger than I wanted, it doesnt quite fit the speedo drive, but I made it work until I can figure out a way to put the one from the old cable on (a flairing tool maybe)

Well here is the front end before...

and after...

Im pretty impressed for a cabinetmaker, my next trick will be raking a frame with JBWeld (stop, you know Im kidding, I will use Gorilla glue
:P )

Post edited by: DanOz7Five0, at: 2006/05/07 10:16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flipped gauges and other stuff 07 May 2006 17:16 #45744

• lowbuck
  • User
Looks good Dan! Get your tires yet?

Post edited by: lowbuck, at: 2006/05/07 20:16

Flipped gauges and other stuff 07 May 2006 18:57 #45770

• DanOz7Five0
  • DanOz7Five0's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Yep, I ended up getting a Dunlop 404, and I will probably need the back one next year so I will get another Dunlop then. Tire, mount and balance came to $91. I watched while they mounted it and I have to say its probably the smartest $28 I ever spent on that bike. I tried mounting tires before and it is a PITA.

After I got home I realized I have a practically new 19" tire sitting at my feet (literally)

• Page: