• Page:

TOPIC:

440A1 80' Single to Dual Disc; Drum to Disc 06 May 2006 13:21 #45536

• kzcody
  • kzcody's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys,

I want to change my 1980' kz440a1 to a dual disc brake in front and a drum to disc in the back. Am I going to need new wheels for both the front and the back? If so what should I look for on ebay that will be close enough to rig up something. I figured that all of the bigger bikes (750 and up) will have rear disc options, but I didn't know if I'd need a new swing arm to compensate for a bigger wheel. Any suggestions? Thanks,

-cody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

440A1 80' Single to Dual Disc; Drum to Disc 07 May 2006 07:58 #45652

• fixer5000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
kzcody wrote:

Hey guys,

I want to change my 1980' kz440a1 to a dual disc brake in front and a drum to disc in the back. Am I going to need new wheels for both the front and the back? If so what should I look for on ebay that will be close enough to rig up something. I figured that all of the bigger bikes (750 and up) will have rear disc options, but I didn't know if I'd need a new swing arm to compensate for a bigger wheel. Any suggestions? Thanks,

-cody

if you take off that domed cover on your front right side you may see 4 holes drilled for another rotor. now youll have to find another rotor and a caliper to go on that side. try to get the mounting hardware with it if you can some of the thread pitches are strange.. the mounts for each side are different on mine so i suspect they will be on yours too. im not sure about the rear i kept the drums in the rear of mine...steve
1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: